"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Holy smokes, tell Lars to get his steer tube cut or else his bike will end up in the freaks thread. :wink:

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

davidalone

by davidalone

Caleb Ewan just signed for orica. nice to see young talent coming through! the australian cavendish?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Around 1-2 months ago he won a race in Italy with a very difficult route; I think he might be more of a pure sprinter.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

53x12 wrote:Holy smokes, tell Lars to get his steer tube cut or else his bike will end up in the freaks thread. :wink:

Also a 98MM stem!! "How can he even race with something so un-pro?"

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

AGW

by AGW

It's cx though, it's the unpreaux vibe of MTB, but with Di2 and colnago everywhere.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Personally don't like being as low or stretched out on my CX bike. It's more about bike handling and less about being aero.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

jmilliron wrote:Personally don't like being as low or stretched out on my CX bike. It's more about bike handling and less about being aero.

cx is about getting radical

djm

by djm

Why is it strange that they break?

Hm.. I'm just assuming most of these breakages are due to pre-existing hairline cracks, either from impact or perhaps the rare occurrence of manufacturing defect, and then these hairline fractures multiply and expand over time and through usage. Don't we see similar fractures happen with almost all cranksets?

Also, there are many many thousands of these cranksets out there. Surely many have cracked and many will crack without that justifying a recall.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Cranks having similar fractures with almost all crank sets?

A small scratch is one thing a fracture is a whole other ball game.
Uh that would a big negative from that crank manufacturer.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

53x12

by 53x12

djm wrote:Don't we see similar fractures happen with almost all cranksets?

Nope, not what I have experienced. Especially not cranks of this high end. You don't see this happening to Hollowgram cranks.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Danza

by Danza

A bunch of the same arms fracturing in unrelated instances over and over would (to me) indicate a problem with design or manufacturing that puts some kind of discontinuity, either material or geometry, at that point.

petal666

by petal666

Danza wrote:A bunch of the same arms fracturing in unrelated instances over and over would (to me) indicate a problem with design or manufacturing that puts some kind of discontinuity, either material or geometry, at that point.
How many 100,000 of 7800 cranks were sold, how many do you know of breaking? I've seen 4 since 2004.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

53x12 wrote:
djm wrote:Don't we see similar fractures happen with almost all cranksets?

Nope, not what I have experienced. Especially not cranks of this high end. You don't see this happening to Hollowgram cranks.

http://forums.mtbr.com/cannondale/my-ho ... ost6695467

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77023

It happens. Especially when (as mentioned) you have the amount of 7800 arms in the world that Shimano would.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Cycling News reader poll 2013:
https://www.futurecompetitions.com/readerpoll2013/

Choices seem pretty lame to me! Probably just a marketing ploy anyway; I'm not advocating giving them your info...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Travis Meyer from OGE back to the NRS to Drapac as return to the Pro Conti ranks.
Likewise with Will Clarke, from Argos.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/drapac- ... e-signings
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.