2013 Cannondale CAAD10 Black Inc.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mrfish

by mrfish

$2500 for a Di2 CAAD10 is an amazing deal. You should be very happy!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Today is turning out to another crappy day with rain and gray clouds. Hopefully it will letup later today after work so I can get some pictures in, but it looks just miserable out. Tomorrow looks to be better, so hopefully I can take a picture or two then.

mrfish wrote:$2500 for a Di2 CAAD10 is an amazing deal. You should be very happy!

Cheers. It was quite the deal. Happy Cannondale had my size in stock and was able to take advantage of it.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Anyone have experience taking the etched letter on a KCNC seatpost? It looks like it might be laser etched? Not sure if I should give acetone a shot?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I think your best bet on that is a thin point sharpie. I do not think the laser etching can be "removed", it must be covered over.

53x12

by 53x12

Yeah I'm not sure about the sharpie thing. Might make it look a little 'ghetto.' Just might have to leave the seatpost stock than mess with it and make it look worse.

53x12

by 53x12

So I am away with the wife for a long weekend at a B&B. Has some really great terrain around here and wife thought it was great I brought the new bike with. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so I can get a few nice rides in.

These aren't the best of pictures as they are being shot from inside the B&B. But better than nothing and wanted to share it with you guys. Will get some outdoor pictures soon.

I already have Praxis Works chainrings on their way to me. These FSA ones aren't bad, but I will like the PW better me thinks. I also think I need to buy some of that cable wrap from Amazon for the front end. I just quickly threw some cable ties on to help clean it up, but I think it will look better with the cable crap stuff. I was going to have the mechanic chop down the steer tube to my level when I picked it up, but things were getting busy with other customers coming in so I told him I would just come in later in the week when it wasn't as busy to get some more cut off.

I really like the way the gold chain matches the frame and the Zipp matte black decals.

I think I need to figure out something about that KCNC seatpost and how I can get it to match a little better. If not, I have a Fizik Cyrano Carbon that I have stashed away for another build I am working on that I could see if it looks better. Would gain 60g, but would definitely match better. Any thoughts on the seat post issue? Does the KCNC stick out like a sore thumb?
Last edited by 53x12 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

53x12

by 53x12

This would be the other option I have available for the build:

Thinking it through, I think maybe the Fizik post is the way to go regardless of gaining some grams in the process.

Also forgot to mention that when I get some time, I plan on taking some aceton to the stem to clear the decals off.

hmai18

by hmai18

That bulge on the bartape finish ruins a perfectly classy build otherwise :P

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

1. Yes, the Fizik seatpost would look much better.

2. That gold chain looks great and ghetto at the same time :wink:

3. Who wrapped those bars?!? If your LBS did that I would seriously question their abilities.....maybe one of the wrenches let their child try wrapping for the first time?

4. How far south are you going to move the stem? I sized down since my last CAAD and on the 58 my stem was slammed, so I am thinking I will need to keep the tall conical spacer and nothing else. Aesthetically I think that would look best. Not sure what your plan was.

Great looking bike!

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

If she came with the sweet looking stock Cannondale AL bar end plugs you can save about 23g by switching to plastic. Free weight savings. Very cool looking, but very heavy.

And that is one great looking ride!

53x12

by 53x12

Stem is going to go down to the conical spacer. Might leave conical plus a 5mm or just do conical by itself.

Yeah those Cannondale AL bar ends are heavy. They do look cool, but will replace those sometime with something lighter. Just thought I would leave them on for a little.

Here are a few other pics I took today from my ride.

53x12

by 53x12

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I like this. A lot!

Fizik post would be the only change, otherwise (in spite of not normally liking gold chains) this all works!

53x12

by 53x12

Yeah I know the gold chain might not pass everyone's taste. But I figured it would tie in nicely with the Black Inc frame. I like it and I guess at the end of the day that is all that matters.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com