Light, crazily narrow shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

coastrider

by coastrider

You can special order Sidi road shoe in Narrow!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

Sidi narrow or Specialized are going to be your best bet.

Nutellaurent

by Nutellaurent

some sidi models can be adjusted to be narrower at the heel, like the ergo carbon for example

tinozee

by tinozee

I have long, narrow feet and have tried tons of brands - Sidi is the best for me. The ergo 3 or the wire are super nice and supportive and great fit for a narrow foot. I also have not much meat on my foot so I can't use roomy shoes. There is this issue with shoe makers where they assume as the foot gets longer it gets fatter. Not always true! Then again, it's a business and they have to shoot for the largest common denominator. What I love about sidi is that the different models use different lasts and widths, so you can ask a Sidi rep or email them to see if there is an ideal show. They make tons of custom shoes for their sponsored pros, i would love some custom sidis!

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

You can do a lot of tuning with different insoles for narrow low volume feet. I've had good luck with Sidi Wires and Bont Vaypors and trying different insoles to get a good fit.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jipperd

by jipperd

I might have an idea. Can you measure the length of the insole you need and the width that you suggest would be ok. (Or a indication measure the Sidi insoles and it may be a bit smaller).

campbellrae

by campbellrae

My GF is away visiting family until Wednesday, so I will do it then. I'm pretty sure the internal length needs to be 27.7 or 27.8 cm, unsure of the width though as I can't find anything showing Shimano internal width dimensions. If it's any help, standard Shimano mens shoes in a size 44 left her heel quite loose, and just seemed to have too much 'volume' while being the correct length.

Thanks,

Campbell.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Campbell, I think Sidi is your best bet as the Ergo 2,3 and Wires have an adjustable heel cup. A screw on either side to make it tighter. I use the Ergo 2 and am very pleased

tinozee

by tinozee

I have the same issue as you, long narrow foot. It seems they design almost all of these shoes for sausage feet.

The best I can do is a 48 Sidi Ergo 3 with double insoles to get rid of the empty volume. What i want to know is - who has a long and narrow foot with a bunch of meat on top? No wonder there is such a big market for custom cycling shoes, the shoe makers just can't get it right. I guess they make shoes mostly for the fat weekend warrior or the stubby little men. Fyi companies - most long term cyclists are thin!

jpanspac

by jpanspac

I'm also interested in trying the Specialized narrow shoes, but they've been "Coming Soon" for nearly a year. Anyone have any insight on when they'll be available?
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

aaric

by aaric

Some sizes of the narrow specialized shoes are available to order direct from Specialized.com (42, 42.5, 45.5, 46)

That being said, I managed to get a normal width Specialized shoe to barely work for me, with the addition of a footbed. The Bonts didn't work for me - the ratchets were defective, and the shoes were way heavier than spec'd.

aaric

by aaric

coastrider wrote:You can special order Sidi road shoe in Narrow!

The Genius 5.5 is the highest end sidi available in narrow, from what I could find to actually order. And they are comparatively heavy...as I stated in the original post