anthem x29

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

novaterra

by novaterra

Hi there, i'm joost, a new user from holland

i've bought an old stock anthem x frame a few months ago, built it myself with some light parts, but think i can lose a bit more weight.

is there some one who has about the same bike, and built it as light as possible?, mine's now at 10,6kg's, maybe there's some way to lose some more weight.
i'm about 90kg's, and make a few trips to the swiss alps every year, but mostly its driving around the flat holland

equipped with an sram XX1 group
RS SID (reba on picture)
american classic hubs, dt revolution spokes with alloy nipples and alexrims evo comp rims (1488 grams)
xtr brakes with hope rotors
wcs carbon stem and handlebar
truvativ seatpost(wcs carbon ordered)
Rocket Ron tyres with eclipse innertube(maxxis on the picture)

greetz from holland

robgall13

by robgall13

First thing is to go tubeless.

Areas to lose weight:

Foam grips,carbon spacers, lighter rotors, change XX1 ring and spider for Absolute Black, lighter rims would be good (rotational weight) maybe some Light-Bicycle carbon rims. Don't forget your Ti and Alloy bolts.

There are lighter frames...

You have a really good base for a really light bike, you'll have to focus on the smaller parts now to try and shave small amounts in different areas, it all adds up.

Nice build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

novaterra

by novaterra

Eclipse innertubes weight about 60gram for a 29er, so thats allright. Got esi grips.
The light bicycle rims are about 10-20 grams lighter per rim, and cost about 3 times as much.
All the bolts are already TI, so cant shed there any weight.
I can go for lighter rotors, have tryed thoae windcutter one's, but they heat up to quickly, and failed in the alps twice. Hope rotors are perfect.
A friend of mine is selling his MT8 brake set, maybe buy those

novaterra

by novaterra

Eclipse innertubes weight about 60gram for a 29er, so thats allright. Got esi grips.
The light bicycle rims are about 10-20 grams lighter per rim, and cost about 3 times as much.
All the bolts are already TI, so cant shed there any weight.
I can go for lighter rotors, have tryed thoae windcutter one's, but they heat up to quickly, and failed in the alps twice. Hope rotors are perfect.
A friend of mine is selling his MT8 brake set, maybe buy those

sstefanov

by sstefanov

What are your pedals? I cannot tell from the picture.

I have a similar build (26" Anthem X) and it is currently at 9.8kg. I have been thinking of going lighter and the only way to do it is to either compromise the ride or go with german carbon exotica components and very expensive wheels (carbon rims, Extralite Hubs, etc).

Stefan

novaterra

by novaterra

Pedals are BBB, weight about 250 grams

Benno

by Benno

Hmmmm I now have my Anthem X 26er at about 9.6kg on a pretty conservative build. It could go under 9kg if I changed the cranks (XT) and saddle (WTB Silverado).
I think the only weight advantage mine has over yours would be Formula brakes with Ashima rotors. But your brake setup is much better for mountain riding. My Durin SL is probably lighter too and maybe my Kalloy stem with Ti bolts. All the little things just add up so keep poking away, looks good so far.

http://bennosblogandmore.blogspot.ca/20 ... 99999.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com