AX Lightness Vial EVO

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EightFiveTwo

by EightFiveTwo

AXAxel wrote:Sorry EightFiveTwo, i did not answer your question.

During this summer we concentrated on clincher/Tubeless MTB rims. Our technologies worked out to be extremely good. Those rims are superstiff and can carry impacts better than any other CF rim . The weight is 318g @ 25mm internal width ans 29" .

This technology is now runing into a road clincher rim. Our plan is to introduce it in late December .

Thank you for your answer. I have the SRT 42, and would love to get my hands on the clincher version when they become available ! :thumbup: Any idea on when the clincher may become available for us to order?

Good luck to you and your company.

AXAxel
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by AXAxel

We are in contact with several US companies regarding dealerships. I hope to contract two or three of them until the end of this year. I will keep you posted.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

Care to give a bit more infor (sneak peak) at the new clincher rims? i would love to know more about them, especially if they are close to the weight of the current mtb clincher.

i think i might support the site sponser and order this frame from starbike.

btw, strictly bicycles had told me they were in talks with you to carry your wheels.

AXAxel

by AXAxel

Hello Spytech,

we will start with a low but aero profile of 28mm . 20/24 spokes. The rims are 26mm wide . The weight is going to be arround 1000g for a wheelset. Price arround 2600 EUR .

I don´t know how to post some CAD pictures of the final version of the frame . But if someone wants to see them just send me a email . This someone could then post them here ( sorry, computers are a nightmare for me )

Greetings from Bavaria ! Axel

cerro

by cerro

Which fork is delivered with the frameset? A new from AX-Lightness? Finally a AX-Lightness frame in my size, feels like I have to get one next year. :)

tharmor

by tharmor

This is an email response from Axel from AX::

"The rims will weight aprox 260g . Like all of our rims they have no limit for spoke tension.

Please find attached some screenshots of the VialEvo. The dropouts and brakemount are missing because we do not want to show them yet."

Here are the images spoken of ::

AXAxel

by AXAxel

cerro wrote:Which fork is delivered with the frameset? A new from AX-Lightness? Finally a AX-Lightness frame in my size, feels like I have to get one next year. :)

Hi Cerro,

the frame is coming with the 3T Rigidia stealth ! The frame will have the same cool stealth look ...

Cheers, Axel

spytech

by spytech

AXAxel wrote:Hello Spytech,

we will start with a low but aero profile of 28mm . 20/24 spokes. The rims are 26mm wide . The weight is going to be arround 1000g for a wheelset. Price arround 2600 EUR .

Greetings from Bavaria ! Axel

So this is for Clincher rim brake or disc brake?

AXAxel

by AXAxel

The clincher wheelsets will be available in both versions, rim- might and disbrake .

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

hi, axel, welcome. i provided the name for your crank, MORPHEUS.

i also have been an ax lightness customer for well over a decade and have almost every ax lightness product ever made.

the vial is a very drool worthy frame.

spytech

by spytech

Hello, Axel.

Any chance of making this bike (Vial EVO) for disc brakes with thru axel for the fork and x12 for rear?

AXAxel

by AXAxel

Hello Mike,

I do remember you ! When did you have the ideo for the name of our crancks, was it in 2009 ?

Best regards,
Axel

AXAxel

by AXAxel

spytech wrote:Hello, Axel.

Any chance of making this bike (Vial EVO) for disc brakes with thru axel for the fork and x12 for rear?

I guess we will make that one day but for the moment there is not enough capacity .

spytech

by spytech

Here are some new pics.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hi Axel,

Thank you for joining the site. I have a quick question about the cable routing on this frame:

For the internal routing, are there housing stops on the frame, or does the housing continue through internally?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.