Question about cycling in Canada's North.....

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Nope, not as epic as Norway. Nice for sure. But not nearly as epic.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

+1 I am looking for a once and a lifetime type trip. Something completely different....did y'all even read that article? Did that not make you want to pack up your bike and go today?!?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Some absolutely stunning photos there @bthompkins. I had to go back and read the article you linked to. Funny about how it looks so great to be riding through stuff like that in the photos then, when you're in the thick of it for real for several hours you begin to think "what the hell was I thinkin!" But it does look like it would be a ride to remember. Do it!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

53x12

by 53x12

btompkins, don't give up on your goal. Save up and maybe plan to go to Norway sometime when you have the time and funds to do so. It really would be a once in a lifetime experience. However, I would recommend going during the summer months (June-August) when you might get some decent weather. There are still roads/parts of the country where you can still see snow/snow banks if that is what you want. However, you just wouldn't be as miserable the rest of the time.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."