My first real bike - Litespeed Ghisallo

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

voodoojar wrote:
voodoojar wrote:Sold both of them, had the hill climb bike down to 3997 grams before I sold.

Sorry to steal your thread, Ill be brief. Sold both of them, had the hill climb bike down to 3997 grams before I sold. The Ghisallo frame just feel like old tech, sure ti lasts forever and all but at that weight it feels like you're pedaling a wet noodle up a hill. I remember at one point, I was doing a track stand at a stoplight and I could feel the entire frame flexing under me and I weigh 60kg.

Ha! Came to post a similar experience in that I once sprinted out of the saddle on somebody else's Ghisallo and was alarmed to feel the wheel rubbing the stays! Needless to say, i didn't buy one.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

You may not get a lot of love on here for the Ghisallo, but I would make your own mind up. Later versions were certainly stiffer than the first ones.

I have one. It is not my main ride, but will not sell it and enjoy riding it. It does feel different to carbon, but it is a more alive and hungry feeling - not one that feels that a lot of energy is wasted. I would fear this thread heading off direction, but there has been discussion before about how much energy is actually lost, rather than transferred later to the pedal stroke.

Ride. Enjoy. Repeat.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vitriol

by vitriol

Thanks for the comments. I've read some people find Ghisallos flexy. Others find them fine. I'll see, worst case I'll re-sell the frame and buy something else.

As for the heavy parts, well that's the best I managed to do for now. I already have a few ideas for improvements, but as cycling is far from my most time and money consuming hobby, and the fact that I'm not rich, it will take some time to finish this project.

Also, I don't want a 4kg showbike, I want a light, reliable, everyday bike.

kmc143

by kmc143

Nice build...just in case you decided to sell the frame...shoot me a PM. I'll be more than happy to buy them from you.

vitriol

by vitriol

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but I'm confident I'll like it.

New update, I'll probably change the wheels for as new lightweight standard gen3 that I can buy locally.

Stem will probably be extralite OC roadstem 90mm . I'd like to change the chainring but not sure with what. Extralite octaramp seem nice, but I'll have to look into it some more. Also, I don't know where they have them in stock.

kmc143

by kmc143

vitriol wrote:Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but I'm confident I'll like it.

You're not going to like it. It's a noodle of a frameset. Just sell it to me and get it over with. :thumbup:

vitriol

by vitriol

Just reversed the 3T stem, and put the new seat and wheels. Weight is now 6.1kg/13.5lbs

Specially happy with the mcfk seat covered with leather. Came in at 84.5g and looks amazing

Have received the extralite stem, but will not have time to play with the bike for the next month :(

anquetil

by anquetil

Take aceton and clean red stripe on stem. Nice bike!

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

seat is not level ;)
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

plpete

by plpete

The bike is the business! Like it a lot. Wish those top tubes were not so slanting.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

Force 22!!! Love it!

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

Lovely Bike! I would take off all the red color or put some red skewers on it as well.

ckesinis

by ckesinis

Hi to all and may everybody have a happy (lightest) new year :)

I bought a Litespeed Ghisallo size small,a year ago from a friend , full Dura Ace 7800 groupset , Pro carbon fork, Mavic Ksyrium SL SSC wheelset, Easton EC 90 seatpost, Specialized toupe saddle , Specialized alu handlebar (I 'll change it to some carbon , later) and FRM stem and the weight for now is around 7700 grams

I never felt any side flex, due to small size guess and it speeds up like my Pedal Force QS3 I have also...
A bit harsh ride , still due to it's small size ...
All the difference is on the wheels and tire pressure , not on the frame ...
And I have the brakes as tight to the rims as possible (2 mm or less )
The frame is built is around 2007 I think

Here it is shown with Fizik saddle

Quinn039

by Quinn039

vitriol wrote:Just reversed the 3T stem, and put the new seat and wheels. Weight is now 6.1kg/13.5lbs

Specially happy with the mcfk seat covered with leather. Came in at 84.5g and looks amazing

Have received the extralite stem, but will not have time to play with the bike for the next month :(

not a bad looking bike at all. That's a great weight too, I wouldn't worry much about trying to drop it any lower, just get it riding the way you want.

and all this commentary about the flexy frames... based on the size of this frame Im going to venture out on a limb here and guess that you aren't overly heavy... do you put out an exceptional amount of power? If not, I cant see flex being a huge issue, maybe just on the fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

licker

by licker

vitriol wrote:Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but I'm confident I'll like it.

New update, I'll probably change the wheels for as new lightweight standard gen3 that I can buy locally.

Stem will probably be extralite OC roadstem 90mm . I'd like to change the chainring but not sure with what. Extralite octaramp seem nice, but I'll have to look into it some more. Also, I don't know where they have them in stock.

Purchased my size-S Ghisallo in 2009. Regretted that I didn't buy 2 of them, when I was later informed that it's out of production. In case you want to resell, PM me too. My friend, now on 2009 Archon, would probably be interested. Both me and my friend are middle-aged light weight riders who don't do competitive events and serious climbing anymore.