CX frames w Di2/EPS and hyd. disc compability

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Omiar

by Omiar

So, there are plenty of frames with discs now, but most of them are still for mechanical shifting and braking.
I assume that frames which have mechanical discs and have full lenght cable housing, are also hydraulic comptible, but which frames are both Di2/EPS and hydraulic disc compatible?
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Ragamuffin

by Ragamuffin

For Di2/EPS compatible, I'm assuming you mean built in battery mounts. Did a cursory search and these manufacturers seem to do it:

Giant
Colnago
Felt
Ritte
Stevens
Raleigh

Pretty much the major ones you see at races. Surprised to see Cannondale not on the list though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

solarider

by solarider

I am currently building my new CX bike. Moots Psyclo X RSL with Super Record EPS and Avid BB7 SL disc brakes.

Unfortunately Moots built the frame without external battery mounts, so now I have an agonising wait for the new internal Campagnolo battery as my bike sits part built in the work stand.

Grrrrrr!

Still, in the long run it is going to look very sleek with hardly any external cables, and a super nice spec. Build pictures as and when the battery arrives. This is going to be like waiting for Christmas whilst watching paint dry and watching a kettle boil.
Last edited by solarider on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omiar

by Omiar

I'm probably going to use Di2, so I don't care about battery mounts, but running Di2 wires through cable stops is a no go. Also, brake cable must use full lenght housing, othterwise it's not hydraulic compatible.

Ok, some of the big brands have them. Is there anything cheaper?

Ragamuffin

by Ragamuffin

For cheaper you might want to see if there are aluminum versions of their top end bikes. Not sure about Taiwanese/Chinese frames, but they're bound to be out there, but I'm not too well versed on their reliability.

solarider

by solarider

Di2 is still very much at the early adopter stage, and discs haven't even got that far! As for discs + Di2......... :lol:

Shimano have barely started shipping their hydraulic Di2 levers and brakes, and SRAM are the only other people taking discs seriously but they don't offer electronic (until about March next year...... :thumbup:). I run Campagnolo EPS and am having to use Avid BB7 SLs since there isn't any sign of Campagnolo disc brakes anywhere on the horizon soon.

To find a good value frame from a mainstream manufacturer, you will probably have to wait until the technology trickles down further. In the meantime, whilst the technology is new, and adoption has not yet gathered momentum, it's niche, small manufacturers or high end mainstream manufacturers only.

Ceebers1

by Ceebers1

Out of all the Cross frames I have seen that are Di2 compatible, only one (Colnago) was EPS compatible without a drill bit. (journals too small)

MARLON

by MARLON

solarider wrote:Di2 is still very much at the early adopter stage, and discs haven't even got that far! As for discs + Di2......... :lol:

Shimano have barely started shipping their hydraulic Di2 levers and brakes, and SRAM are the only other people taking discs seriously but they don't offer electronic (until about March next year...... :thumbup:). I run Campagnolo EPS and am having to use Avid BB7 SLs since there isn't any sign of Campagnolo disc brakes anywhere on the horizon soon.

To find a good value frame from a mainstream manufacturer, you will probably have to wait until the technology trickles down further. In the meantime, whilst the technology is new, and adoption has not yet gathered momentum, it's niche, small manufacturers or high end mainstream manufacturers only.

Why Not trp hyrd
Best compromise i think
By far better than bb7 crap
Also the spyre is by far better
BACK IN BLACK

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Giant tcx slr. Di2 and hydro compatible. The ports for cables are rather large so I'm fairly certain they would be eps compatible as well. 7mm wide for eps, right?
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

NS

by NS

The BH RX is internal for di2 or mech and also disc/canti compatible with removable canti bosses. Is also supplied with dropout adaptors for 130/135 hub spacing

MARLON

by MARLON

BTW
My tcx adv 1 is on the Way

So waiting for Shimano hydro di2Image
BACK IN BLACK

-Robin-

by -Robin-

Kona makes one

Frans

by Frans

2014 Cannondale catalogue has an Ultegra Di2 with discs.

Looks ok. New colour's not my cup of tea.

MARLON

by MARLON

Frans wrote:2014 Cannondale catalogue has an Ultegra Di2 with discs.

Looks ok. New colour's not my cup of tea.

Colours are really Bad This Year
So i go for giant in Baby Blue
BACK IN BLACK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

My current know list is

carbon frame and fork
Giant TCX Advanced (thru axle front, QR rear)
BH RX TEAM (QR front, QR rear)

alu frame, carbon fork
Giant TCX SLR 0, Giant TCX SLR 1 (thru axle front, QR rear)
Giant TCX SLR 2 (QR front, QR rear)
Quantec CC SLRi Disc (QR front, QR rear)

The alu Giant is also very well priced. I might go for that.
Kona claims to be Di2 compatible, but the RD cable runs outside the chainstays.