System Six . . . . best Cannondale EVER IMHO

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ronderman

by ronderman

OK, so I've ridden a ton of bikes over the past 20 years - and while this bike isn't as nice or really as good as, say, my Colnago C59 - it is a bike that should be considered on anyone's top ten list.

A 2006 Cannondale System Six - mine is built up with 2012 Campagnolo Record 11, Dale Si cranks, FSA 11 speed 53x39 rings, FSA bars, Deda Zero 1 stem, control tech post, Regal saddle and Time peddles. I usually run a Deda Zero 100 cockpit and will have that soon. I have two wheel sets

1. H Plus Son Archetype with King C45 hubs - 28 rear 24 front - weight 16 pounds 10 ounces

2. Mavic Cosmic SLR wheels - weight 17 pounds on the nose.

Is it a weight weenie bike? Not by a long shot. Is it worlds better than any Cannondale CAAD 9 or 10? Yes, by a lot. Is it stiffer than any super six? Oh yea.

This bike is meant for business. In my view it was the best bike cannondale ever made. EVER - even to present. I had one in 2007 when I was sponsored and never forgave myself for getting rid of it. I've been on the lookout for this year for a while. The carbon is high mod and smooths out the ride. The beefy head tube makes the front end like an anchor. I'm not kidding - I'm 6'3" and I weight 200 and one time on my CAAD 9 I got speed wobbles and had to be due to the front end. This thing is the only bike I've ever had that simply can take more than you can dish out on the corners - push it down as hard as you want - no problem. Gord Frasier wasn't kidding when he said it was the best bike he ever rode.

I found the frame out of Arizona and it's totally mint. Basically I plan on never, ever getting rid of it.

It's the last of the interceptors. Made in America and all business. I hope you enjoy.

photo by velomonkeys, on Flickr

Untitled by velomonkeys, on Flickr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fixie82

by Fixie82

That is Gold! I am kicking myself for selling my System Six earlier this year after seeing this. Mine was the all black paint job kitted out with Sram Red, was a fantastic Crit bike.

It's got a mean race face with those Cosmics on.

53x12

by 53x12

+1. Especially if one has a 2006 or 2007 Hi-Mod version. I agree best frame Cannondale has ever made and one of the top 10 frames ever. Really is a special frame and now that they are going for cheap used, no reason not to add it to one's quiver.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Are these the ones that had possible corrosion problems? That's the only thing that turned me away from these. That is one beefy beast of a bike. Would love to ride one

fa63

by fa63

The Six13 had the "corrosion" problem, not sure about the System Six.

That is a great looking bike by the way, always wanted one myself.

53x12

by 53x12

SystemSix also had corrosion problems but only on nude finish frame.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

ronderman, I forgot to say great build! Really looks nice with the Cosmics.

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Totally agree with the posters comments, awesome machine. I had to strip mine down recently so I could build up a frame of a brand I sell to promote it, but the SystemSix frame sits in my cellar awaiting a rebuild in the future 8)
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

Rumsas

by Rumsas

It is an outstanding frame

davec

by davec

Makes me miss my old 08 barloworld team edition! Nice find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KB

by KB

Kudos. Wonderful looking bike. If it rides as good as it looks it should be a treat.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

An LBS here still carries stock of the Cannondale Si stems that these originally came with...

I always wanted one of these raw finish ones too. I had the black & red version. Lovely.

53x12

by 53x12

eBay has a few frames for BIN in the $500-700 range. Right now they are on the larger side. I think I paid around $500-550 for mine. There really isn't anything new that is comparable bang for the buck. Surprised these aren't more popular for "budget builds."

Dammit

by Dammit

I love mine, had it since new- only thing left that is original is the frame and the headset bearings:

As pictured it's 6.75kg

ronderman

by ronderman

Thanks for the replies everyone - it's good to see that other people know just how great this frame is/was.

Here is a pic with some gumwalled veloflex tires. So far I am really enjoying this frame - it's one of a kind that's for sure.

IMG_4068 by velomonkeys, on Flickr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com