My Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 2011

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mungo

by Mungo

jsprbcn wrote:Wheel upgrade to: Fulcrum Racing zero dark label

How are the Zeros compared to the original Ksyriums? This is an upgrade I am looking at.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Mungo wrote:How are the Zeros compared to the original Ksyriums? This is an upgrade I am looking at.

Way much better I must say. I did not only bought them for the looks (totally black), but as I ride mainly hilly terrain also for the enhanced performance.
The ceramic bearings are amazing and they roll silky smooth, and with the Continental GP4000s they stick to the road.

In principle I wanted carbon wheels (mainly for the looks of it), but my heart was saying that good Aluminium wheels are way better for the terrain I am on.
Also the "beauty" image of bikes these days is, in my opinion, a "forced" image of a road bike with 30-80mm carbon rims, but in order to have decent carbon wheels for climbing and descending you need to spend at least 2000-2500€/$ and I do not want to spend that much on wheels (don't race what you can't replace ;-) ), and (cheap) carbon wheels from China against those Racing Zero's... NO WAY :twisted:

munk93

by munk93

The "forced" beauty image, so bad. A black braketrack looks alot better, than a silver one. :wink: But the rimdepth is another question. I would agree having a good pair of wheels for clincher, then it won't get much better than those zeroes. I've ridden the Shamal ultra's, which are basicly the same, and they are fantastic for the price. :thumbup:

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

munk93 wrote:The "forced" beauty image, so bad. A black braketrack looks alot better, than a silver one. :wink:

I totally agree, and in my opinion 30-50mm rims look amazing, but in order to have the same "overall" performance of, let's say these Racing Zero's you need to spend lots of €/$ on carbon wheels.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Jman wrote:Current setup, weight 6,48kg:

The lack of adjustment room on that saddle is just...

Obviously because of the comment I'm assuming the room on the rails to adjust your saddle is odd or something. But just looking at it, it appears that your saddle is too far forward to compensate for your stretched out stem/bars. Is there a reason you have your position so far forward?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I just received my aeroad frame.
No complaints about delivery.
I ordered, paid 3 days later and received the frame another 3 days later.

I do have some strange things...
-It it normal the frame allready has grease in the BB shell? No...si it has been build up or nearly build up...
-Frame was very badly packed, only in a bag with bubble film. Clearly not the original packaging.
-Frame has some mat spots in the paints which I was eventually able to remove with a silicon spray.
-On the toptube there is a decal that says the frame is conform some EN rules. By removing this decal there is still a thin line on the paint. It's like the decal was put on while the paint was not dry yet.
-There is a big drop of paint just above the BB on the side of the frontmech.

I hope riding the frame will give me more pleasure then unpacking it.
I believe one can expect more of a frame of this pricetag.
I've put my complaints at the local Belgian Canyon office.

Jman

by Jman

Bianchi10 wrote:

Obviously because of the comment I'm assuming the room on the rails to adjust your saddle is odd or something. But just looking at it, it appears that your saddle is too far forward to compensate for your stretched out stem/bars. Is there a reason you have your position so far forward?

That bike is already sold. Anyway, I first bought that saddle from discount only to find out it doesn't go into my Ritchey seatpost. Bought that one showing in the picture off the eBay only to find that the clamp in that one restricted the saddle adjustment so it didn't go no more back than you can see in the picture.

That picture might be skewed somehow since I don't recall the position being that much forward. Well I am though a bit "disproportional" having quite a long back. =) I'm 186cm and I have only 87cm inseam.

This is the bike that saddle is currently sitting on: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116952

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

My CF SLX in action 8)
https://vimeo.com/75710175
Last edited by jsprbcn on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Jman wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:

That bike is already sold. Anyway, I first bought that saddle from discount only to find out it doesn't go into my Ritchey seatpost. Bought that one showing in the picture off the eBay only to find that the clamp in that one restricted the saddle adjustment so it didn't go no more back than you can see in the picture.

That picture might be skewed somehow since I don't recall the position being that much forward. Well I am though a bit "disproportional" having quite a long back. =) I'm 186cm and I have only 87cm inseam.

This is the bike that saddle is currently sitting on: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is your LOOK!? Beautiful!!

Jman

by Jman

Yes it is. Thx man.:)

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Well they offered me a discount of 50euro on my next purchase.
Anyway, 2 days after I received my Aeroad frame, it's now 100euro cheaper...

Roel W

by Roel W

Tom Boonen, sponsored by Specialized but in a very subtle way he's a Canyon lover....

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Any idea when the 2014 models will be for sale?
Instagram @seanblurr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com