Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
I just have to mention it also here :mrgreen: , congratulations to the Slovenian U23 team, where Matej Mohorič won for the second time, he was world champion already last year when he was a junior, and now he won also in the U23 :thumbup:
I'm even more excited because in the team all the guys are my former team mates and friends, so I'm really very very happy for them! Otherwise I'm still a lot on my bike with Luka Pibernik, my great friend and team mate since we were small childs. He's one year younger from me (he'll be soon 20) and he alredy won the Elite national championships, and signed a contract with Lampre for next year :beerchug:

So what can I say, it's a pleasure to see that some guys manage it to the top level, another former team mate is Jan Polanc, who is also already in Lampre :thumbup: (the first one from the left side, I'm the fourth one/on the right, and the guy who is left from me is Jaka Bostner, the man who was yesterday on the U23 world championships most of the race in the breakaway),.

Just had to share a bit of this story and have to congratulate those guys also here :beerchug:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

And just a small update of my bike:

6138g

The handlebar is still ALU, so I'll most probably change it for next season, also the chainring could be changed to save some more weight so I'll almost hit <6kg...otherwise I'm already working on a new frame project, that will be most probably even a bit lighter. I already posted the chainstays, and also most of the tubing is made, so I'll give my best to keep you updated also about that. The frame is in use almost one year so it's time to make a new one ;)

Otherwise I went back to Mavic Cosmic Ultimate wheels. These are already the 2014 edition, and I really like them. Had all kind of wheels, wanted to try almost anything, and in the end I decided for these. So that's pretty much what I'll ride also next season.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Berk, your bike looks great as ever, for me though I would have to get rid of the mavic wheel stickers.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks!
Like that? Just a quick "photoshop":
I already had some used Mavic Ultimate wheels before and they were without those stickers...but somehow I like the look of it also with those stickers.

BmanX

by BmanX

Jure, I would love to see what you could really do if you just went full out on a bike and built in all of your custom items. Custom carbon clamps for the brakes, carbon stem/bar combo, cages, places for the derailleur, saddle and post combo, lighter frame and maybe even carbon pulleys and chainrings.

A full carbon custom BERK SPECIAL!
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

BmanX, hopefully in the future :thumbup:. If I would have my own CNC machine I would already start with a lot of other projects, but I of course can't afford one so I have to wait for a few weeks or months that some moulds are made (like for example my saddle project..). But nothing to do there, I totally understand that companies are very busy with their orders;)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

are you planning on making a wider version saddle for those who have a wider sit bone? I recently changed from a Romin evo 143 to a 155 and although I hate the extra width (makes me feel like I dont fit the "true competitive cyclist" mold) even though it is a much better fit for my body.

How has the durability been with your saddle?

plpete

by plpete

You really crack me up sometimes, Bianchi10 :lol: I had no idea that competitive cyclists are defined by the width of the saddle they ride or any other fit related bike part! They ride what fits. End of story.

Jure, congrats on your friends and team mates making it big! I'm always glad to see new fresh talent joining the peloton. Matej had a quite interesting riding style with sitting on the top tube and pedaling! That was insane! As always, very impressed with your work. Bike looks top notch and I'm very curious to see what the next version of your bike will look like. Have you consider making your own fork?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

plpete wrote:You really crack me up sometimes, Bianchi10 :lol: I had no idea that competitive cyclists are defined by the width of the saddle they ride or any other fit related bike part! They ride what fits. End of story.

Jure, congrats on your friends and team mates making it big! I'm always glad to see new fresh talent joining the peloton. Matej had a quite interesting riding style with sitting on the top tube and pedaling! That was insane! As always, very impressed with your work. Bike looks top notch and I'm very curious to see what the next version of your bike will look like. Have you consider making your own fork?

Makes me FEEL like. FEEL like, being the key part of my sentence. I ride what fits me also, but some of the more narrow saddle options look good/better. But trust me, sometimes I crack myself up with some of my own posts. Lol

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

@bianchi10
yes I'll make also a wider version, at this moment I still wait to get the moulds of the final version for 130mm saddle, and once I get them I'll make also a wider saddle. At this moment I unfortunately don't know yet when exactly, but I'm working on it, actually at this moment only waiting for the new moulds, and then I'll continue with the work, I'll for sure keep you updated!

@plpete
Thanks! Unfortunately I won't yet make my own fork, couldn't yet afford to make the moulds for it. Otherwise the descending from Matej is really insane, I'm just from a bike ride with my friend (who will go in protour next season) and he said that is't actually very hard just to follow him in his slipstream if he's pedaling like that, althought it may look a bit strange it actually works (if you have the skills of course).

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Berk wrote: :up:

Although it adds some weight I prefer it like that. Otherwise still in process, I'm waiting to get the new moulds (slightly changed the design) and hopefully I'll soon get the moulds,..I'm sorry that it takes so long, but I want to make it perfect..:)

:popcorn: i'm waiting.... :thumbup:

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Jure I would seriously consider getting one of your saddles after I saw the video with the flex. Without wanting to go into too many details I have the world's most delicate undercarriage and am incredibly fussy about saddles. I would love to give yours a try as a saddle with plenty of flex is essential to me. As for the weight well it's a whole 250g lighter than my current seat! Keep up the fantastic work! :thumbup:

bura

by bura

Grill wrote:Waaay too much flex for me. Will you do one that's on par with the S-Works Toupe?

+1

I like it not padded.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all! Sorry that the saddle project takes so long, not everything going like it was planned, like I already wrote I have to wait quite a lot to get the moulds for it...so as soon as I have some news I'll let you know, will give my best, I'll for sure make them but can't promise yet when exactly, still also waiting for some papers etc.,... Here just one render from the improved saddle shell - a few details have been improved, based on the tests I changed a few small details:
I had to change a bit some transitions around the cutout to reduce some stress on some specific areas, and slightly changed also the saddle surface to add some more comfort. But in general the saddle will look quite unchanged.

N.T

by N.T

that looks much better
Fuelled by kofein

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com