Julien Taramarcaz BMC CX Bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Does anyone know what CX bike Julien was riding during the season? It's not a GF01 that's for sure.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/koppenbergcross-2012/elite-men/photos/242977

dwb

by dwb

BMC used to make a Cross Machine. That kind of looks like a Blue Norcross.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Yeah it's not an old Crossmachine either and the picture I posted it's hard to compare it to the Blue as well. Thought our resident CX Pro Simon might be able to tell us

jooo

by jooo

No idea what it is, but I think this pic is the same bike:

ms6073

by ms6073

Thought I had read somewhere that was one of only a handful of 'one-off' prototypes BMC produced last season to test the water so to speak and possibly intended for production for 2014 (i.e. the season after next).
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

jooo wrote:No idea what it is, but I think this pic is the same bike:

That's the best picture of it I've seen yet! Looks pretty nice. I thought it might have some form of that distinct BMC top/seat tube bracket as a shoulder mount as an added bonus but no. Hmm wonder if this frame will make it into production?

quinner

by quinner

Doesn't look like a BMC, the seat post cluster isn't their style. Also if it was a prototype wouldn't it be a disc bike?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Well it's not making it to production for the 2014 season, it wasn't shown at Eurobike and isn't in the catalogue for 2014. So I'm guessing it's something rebadged. But does the UCI rule that applies to road of being available to the public within however many months apply to cross? Would that apply to a rabadged frame though? EIther way it's fitted for external and internal cables and certainly looks like your typical BMC finish on their frames - especially the SLRs

Ragamuffin

by Ragamuffin

It seems like a rebadge, I feel like I've seen those lines on a bike before, but for the life of me, I can't find anything that matches online.

A few things (not sure if they make a difference):

- Does anyone else think the headtube cluster look strange? I don't know when the last was that I saw a carbon bike with such a "jointed" and angular looking cluster. I'm looking at my aluminum Javelin and it looks really similar. I'm not saying the "BMC" is aluminum though
- The headtube - fork transition is not smooth at all so it makes me think that the frame and fork are sourced differently

Whatever it is, it looks pretty classy in BMC livery!

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Rode in a CX race against him last year....didn't see much of him except his arse riding away into the distance :oops: ...he won.

scotty

by scotty

Off topic : Does anyone know what gloves they are?

Ragamuffin

by Ragamuffin

Sorry don't know what gloves those are.

Funny thing, I was talking to a friend who works as a sales rep for BMC here in Boston and she and a co-worker were trying to figure what his bike was too...they have no idea what it is. If it was in the pipelines for some near future release, I feel like they would be in the know.

I also saw a sweet disc BMC disc granfondo a race today. All white, black decals...pretty business looking bike.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

New BMC Cross prototype being tested. Spotted on strava and facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 712&type=1

I like it! GF01 with canti brakes and high bottom bracket.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

shoopdawoop wrote:New BMC Cross prototype being tested. Spotted on strava and facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 712&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like it! GF01 with canti brakes and high bottom bracket.

I actually prefer Julien's to be honest! I heard somewhere that the seat stay configuration above wasn't allowed in UCI races? Is that true? Anyone know?

gt5504b

by gt5504b

dereksmalls wrote:I heard somewhere that the seat stay configuration above wasn't allowed in UCI races? Is that true? Anyone know?

What about the stays could be disallowed by the UCI? Is it too narrow in one direction?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com