Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

JulienLeBreton

by JulienLeBreton

HI everyone!

As a newcomer, a simple presentation:
Julien , 29,
live in France,
cross Paris twice a day to go to work! not the happiest cycling moment but keep me in shape.

I've just bought a Colnago which seems pretty rare even so it's an aluminium:

Colnago Freccia Aluminium Art deco , looks similar to a Mega master... don't have anymore info on it.
it's packed with dura ace 7700, I've just replace the shifter to newer tiagra.

I will create a proper thread once I've got nice pics and weight of the different pieces. :smartass:

If someone could help me regarding the story behind this unknown version, Thank's :thumbup:

kgt

by kgt

Welcome!
Looks like a Colnago Dream frame. Very nice whatever it is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rico

by rico

Agreed - looks like a Dream. Does it have any markings for frame material (eg Columbus Altec)? It has what looks like a Prescia steel fork though, and I have to admit I've never seen a Dream with one of those, so would be a very early one.

Why did you replace the shifters? 7700 is very cool for those of us who grew up with it...possibly lighter shifters than the Tiagras too. Size...54?

JulienLeBreton

by JulienLeBreton

The general shape is like a dream, with a simpler paint job.
here is the frame that looks like the most alike
http://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/511347279.htm?ca=12_s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

about the shifters, when i got the Colnago, the rear shifter cable had snapped, and to replace it, I had to disassemble the whole shifter since bits of cable where everywhere, after fitting everything it wasn't working fluently, so I prefered to change to simple newer version with easy cable change procedure.
I still got the 7700 nonetheless.

Size is approximatively 52.

mycool77

by mycool77

Here's mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Yesterday I found this C-40 for sale locally, it is not my size, it's a 54 and I need a 56, but it was so pretty and pristine that I bought it on the spot.

First generation C40, Mapei Colors, painted steel precisa fork and stem, full Record 8 speed ( the chain was setup too long that proves there are few competent campagnolo mechanics out there ;) )

really pretty, only the saddle and bar tape look not original.

DSC00699.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
DSC00706.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
DSC00708.jpg por Salsa_Lover, en Flickr
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

psychosw

by psychosw

@JulienLeBreton

Just a note about the shifter, old sti shifters tend to become slow and inaccurate with age.
If you just spray degreaser inside the inaccurate shifter let it dry and then spray the internals with a ligth lubricant it will probably work just fine.

I work as a bike mechanic and 8/10 times when there is a problem with the internals of old sti shifters this works
Last edited by psychosw on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DRAGON60

by DRAGON60

Salsalover---I definitely see the attraction to that C40----I like the complimentary paint scheme on the stem too-----very pretty!!!!

PSM

by PSM

mycool77 wrote:Here's mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Very nice!

c50jim

by c50jim

SalsaLover, that's certainly a very pretty early C40. I think that bike pre-dates Mapei specific paint jobs, although it is similar to Mapei colours and a nice Art Decor paint job.

Is that a 9 speed shifter set with 8 speed cassette? All my 8 speed shifters were the older style with more pointed brake hoods. Yours are either very late 8 speed or early 9 (the two worked with the same rear deraillleurs IIRC). In my opinion, your style works better than the originals, and they're also somewhat lighter.

Anyway, it's a beautiful looking bike. Too bad it's too small for either of us.

davec

by davec

Nice pickup salsa lover! I'd have done the exact same thing. It's too pretty to pass up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

Thanks for the comments, it is indeed very pretty, and has renewed my lust for a C40 on my size, I did let pass one in AD10 that was for sale in Italy with full Record 9 speed, and now I am regretting it, I see it now for sale in america with a substantial higher price....

@c50jim it is full Record 9 speed, the cassete is a 13-28, looks like new it is amazing the paint is shiny and the components, clean. it just has an small nick on the top tube paint.

The stem is a beauty a "master" shaped ITM Eclypse, it is a 100mm, If I could get an identical 130 it will indeed fit me, anyway that would be though to find.
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

JulienLeBreton wrote:

If someone could help me regarding the story behind this unknown version, Thank's :thumbup:

It is an early Colnago Dream. The first ones came with a steel Precisa fork, like most early aluminium frames.

JulienLeBreton

by JulienLeBreton

@psychosw : Thank's for the tip, I will try the degreaser this weekend
@SWijland : now that I know where to start, i'm going to search on catalogues of that era.
:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com