Cannondale CAAD11 soon?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

turndownwhip

by turndownwhip

They need to pay attention to what specialized did with the Smart Welds...that is next level Also the new 73MM BB should be standard across the line. Other than that the bike is dialed. maybe do a CAAD 10 Ultimate w Tubulars/ Sram Red/ and lightweight brakes, bars saddle post etc...basically what weight weenies do but straight from the shop - ready to go. Keep it under $4500 and they will sell out.

53x12

by 53x12

^ That is basically what the '14 CAAD10 Black Inc is minus fancy tubulars. Has SRAM Red + Hollowgram cranks. Guess it is missing a fancy cockpit but decent for manufacturer labeled. With a $4500 budget you could sell the stock wheels and buy some decent carbon tubulars and be under that $4500 mark.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Tapered headtubes are not necessary on steel or AL bikes.

Full internal routing would be a step backwards.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

quinner

by quinner

Perhaps they'll make an all black one and just charge extra for it?

quinner

by quinner

And add an enve stem for an extra $1,000.

53x12

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:Full internal routing would be a step backwards.

Not necessarily if it is done properly.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

tranzformer

by tranzformer

BeeBee30 wrote:They could replace some of the tubes with carbon :lol:

I think you are onto something. :mrgreen: I remember reading someone who "had an inside" to Cannondale mention that for the next gen CAAD they would go even thinner alum walls and then use carbon fiber to help reinforce the inside. I don't see that happening as that would increase the complexity and cost for making a CAAD frame. Plus, carbon wrapped aluminum parts aren't really any lighter than just a full alu part. Just can't see Cannondale mixing carbon with alu again. Especially not on the CAAD line.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I'm thinking that the new CAAD11 will have more 'aero' junctures, and slightly more 'aero' tube shapes, similar to what Scott is doing with its Addict.
Lighter? Possibly.
Smoother welding? Definitely. Specialized has up'd the game with their S-Works Allez
BB? It wouldn't be that much of a loss of face should Cannondale move towards PF30 instead of BB30, but they'll probably stick with the BB30 just because.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

53x12

by 53x12

'Everyone' seems to be trying to get into the aero game on road frames to some extent. That is a possibility, but I hope they don't do that at the expense of the frame stiffness or feel.

One area where Cannondale could have a large benefit is a new carbon fork for the CAAD. The current fork weighs ~400g. They should be able to include a fork that weighs closer to 350g without too large of a hassle.

johnsaysthisnow

by johnsaysthisnow

Would like to see PF30 instead of BB30. Internal routing would look nice, but wouldn't serve much functional benefit. Either or would be fine. Accommodations for electronic and mechanical would be nice though.

While it's not a CAAD thing, I'm still pretty surprised Cannondale hasn't introduced an aero road bike yet. Virtually every other manufacturer has one, and no matter how awesome the supersix may be, it's definitely market share they're losing out on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Buffalo

by Buffalo

Maybe the high end model could come equipped with a stages hollowgram. Or perhaps stages could help introduce a power meter in the frame somehow?

So far stages has SRAM, shimano, and Cannondale; it wouldn't surprise me if they were already trying to figure out if this is possible with the CAAD, seeing as how the caad can't be innovated much more and stages can only work on aluminum.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Buffalo wrote:seeing as how the caad can't be innovated much more

I remember hearing that about the CAAD9 and I'm sure people said the same about the CAAD8 and 7...etc.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

turndownwhip wrote:They need to pay attention to what specialized did with the Smart Welds...that is next level

Came to say precisely this.

Prend, the weld per se isn't of a higher quality finish on the Allez (in fact, the idea was that you did not need to be an expert welder to be able to construct it). Rather the way Smart Weld works is such that is allows for a cleaner and stronger finish.

Had a CAAD, regret ever selling it. Wish my circumstances were such that I could have an Allez.

Very keen to see the next step Cannondale take with the CAAD.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i'm confused about PF30- can you use your existing BB30 crankset on a PF30 BB frame?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

r_mutt wrote:i'm confused about PF30- can you use your existing BB30 crankset on a PF30 BB frame?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=119147

/coveredonhereextensively

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com