"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bricky21

by bricky21

I'm almost positive that front wheel is a Bontrager.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Martin`s 58t chainring

and specialized Turbo 24 clinchers

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Re. maquisard

I'm not sure if he's just
a) anti-Sky
b) anti-British
c) anti-British riders riding for Sky
d) all of the above

He comes across as another artray or Liggero by trying to angle most discussions towards Sky and doping.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Very impressive performance by Tony Martin. Thought Wiggo was going to give him a run for his money today.

pastronef

by pastronef

I was riding with italian wheels producer Marchisio today. He knows much about pro cycling and bike manufacturers, he's one of them. He told me that Murdoch, Sky, owns 51% of Pinarello

this news has come and gone before, some say it's true some say it's false

:noidea:

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

The front wheel looks quite the same as the aeolus 9 D3, he just wanted to go for a clean look i suppose :P

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Willier wrote:Image

Looks like a fair bit of saddle setback for Cancellara?

lippythelion

by lippythelion

prendrefeu wrote:@ lippythelion

Could be... but with the exception of a few stages, it seems that Cancellara hasn't been able to match der Panzer since he moved on to the Trek Speed Concept.
Could be age being a factor, with Tony much younger and Cancellara maturing like a fine wine, which makes it just a coincidence.
But it is something interesting to point out: what is the win/loss rate of Shiv vs. SC ?
(Not that a bike actually wins the race)

Hi Prend, I've been a long time admirer of your eloquent posts, regardless of whether I agree with them or not. Regarding Tony Martin, I think he could've been any tt frame with any group & open wheels and still have won today. He's brilliant to watch, always looks like he's pootling along at a steady pace even though he's doing nearly 60km/hr!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Intersting that Tony's chainring is coloured in by a marker pen! Also that bottle on Cancellaras bike, is that a specific dimpled cover for it or do you think that is the actual bottle material?

maquisard

by maquisard

I think both Horner and Froome are worthy of suspicion due to their performances this year. It is hypocritical in the extreme to allow a team or rider the benefit of the doubt based on their nationality or any other bias.

The difference in how they have chosen to handle that suspicion is marked. I am not going to judge Horner's power or bio passport data, I don't have the expertise. But I do expect that the likes of Ashenden will look at it and make public any concerns they might have. What is the problem with Nibali, Froome, Roche doing the same, why don't they...

- And for the record Airwise and I are indeed good friends and have shared many a good argument both on the bike and off. Mainly about power data and pacing! :D

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

What helmet was Wiggins wearing? It's not the usual Kask TT helmet he normally wears

wingguy

by wingguy

British Cycling use their own helmet designs for track and road, available to buy (ahem) through UK Sport.

(I believe someone emailed them about price and availability last year and was quoted £3000 / 18mths lead time :P )

deek

by deek

dereksmalls wrote:Intersting that Tony's chainring is coloured in by a marker pen! Also that bottle on Cancellaras bike, is that a specific dimpled cover for it or do you think that is the actual bottle material?

It's an FSA ring but SRAM is his component sponsor. SRAM doesn't make a 58t ring.

Here is a link to the bottle. The bottle itself is dimpled.

djm

by djm

wingguy: That's right.. I emailed them. But it is CUSTOM MADE though.. explains the markup! Haha ;)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

wingguy wrote:British Cycling use their own helmet designs for track and road, available to buy (ahem) through UK Sport.

(I believe someone emailed them about price and availability last year and was quoted £3000 / 18mths lead time :P )

Ah yes, I see you're right. Same one he used at Olympics. Cheers. It's a pretty snazzy looking helmet :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com