"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

MattSoutherden wrote:Panzer Tony beat all the teams up to 5th from the TTT. :shock: :shock:

WOW!

airwise

by airwise

Would love to see Wiggins and Froome do the same, especially the latter. But they won't because of what it would show....
@ Maquisard

You mean it would show all that stuff the inspectors are missing every month? Hell, maybe they should employ a real expert like you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Airwise. :roll:

Why so much anger, man?
We've covered this before with you - you act as if Wiggins/Froome/Sky are sanctimonious and a person can't have criticism towards them or have genuine inquiries into their results, replying with anger should anyone dare offer anything other than praise to them, yet you turn around and get overly aggressive when someone else even lightly offers counter arguments to your criticism of other riders?

WTF?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KB

by KB

Prend - except Mac's like a record got stuck. Perhaps he can adduce the evidence to back up his knowledge of the facts, except he can't of course, just his personal prejudices.

KWalker

by KWalker

Phinney sizing down in frames and running a ton more stack ala Sky/BT http://www.teamsky.com/gallery/0,27401, ... ml#photo=9

I don't see Phinney getting a result in this event until Martin and Cancellara move on, but when they do I could see him snatching 1-3 medals.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

lippythelion

by lippythelion

jockalldrick wrote:That was a great race! Shivs are awesome.

He would've won that on anything

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@KB
I can see both sides, and I do agree that repetition does get.... repetitive when there is nothing to give credence to an argument.
I suppose I'm just calling for a bit of balance from airwise. If there is a bias, that's fine, anyone can be a fan(boy/girl/man/woman) of whatever they want, but when that person acts a bit like a geezer who has had one too many pints at the pub, it degrades the quality of the conversation. Defend and criticize across the road (see what I did there?), no persons are sanctimonious.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@ lippythelion

Could be... but with the exception of a few stages, it seems that Cancellara hasn't been able to match der Panzer since he moved on to the Trek Speed Concept.
Could be age being a factor, with Tony much younger and Cancellara maturing like a fine wine, which makes it just a coincidence.
But it is something interesting to point out: what is the win/loss rate of Shiv vs. SC ?
(Not that a bike actually wins the race)

airwise

by airwise

Pren

It's not anger - you are way off as usual. I ride with Maquisard and we are friends ;(

But if there is anything suspicious in a blood passport, don't you think the anti doping authorities might be a little suspicious?

Of course, if I were abusing steroids I'd make damned sure I published my blood passport data Good PR ;)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It just comes off angry on the internet. I'm not the only person who reads it that way. Maybe add a little wink or something to indicate that you are joking with your riding buddy?

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

What wheels did Cancellara use?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Answering my own question of Martin/Shiv vs. Cancellara/SC. The results are from the head-to-head search on CQ. On the last two columns are their placements in that stage or race. Column left is Tony Martin, Column right is Fabian Cancellara.

Here are the head-to-head results on ITT stages and races going back to 2010, the last year in which Cancellara rode a Shiv. In 2010 Martin was also on a Shiv.
In 2011 Cancellara started riding a Trek Speed Concept out of contractual obligations.

Simultaneously, they've both aged. Cancellara could be said to be beyond his peak (could be) and likewise it could be said that Tony is reaching his peak, depending on what scientific studies you're pointing at in regards to endurance cycling and continuous expenditures of energy over a set distance.

Just something interesting to note.

airwise

by airwise

I'm not joking when I say people throwing baseless accusations at team Sky come across as ignorant and cynical.

And the repetitive nature of it is what brings the tone of the place down, not the exasperated responses from people fed up with having to read it.

And that would apply to anyone for whom there is no obvious reason to doubt regardless of nationality or team. Just to calm you down a bit, I find the whole Brit/Team Sky fanboy on a bike thing rather sad. Bourg D'Oisans is full of overweight Britis in Sky Kit grovelling up hills and posting their times on Strava. And they are like the Spanish with F1 when aAlonso arrived on the scene. Experts with no knowledge or appreciation of the history or the sport in question. They are like the Lance fanatics that polluted France for the best part of a decade

I don't get the whole having to belong mentality, the sheep thing. But I do get excellence in Sport and appreciate when I see standards being raised. It therefore bugs the hell out of me when people seemingly damaged by believing in Armstrong seek to belittle it wigilst offering no more evidence than a third rate Kennedy conspiracy theorist.

Danza

by Danza

MisterNoChain wrote:What wheels did Cancellara use?

from cyclingnews:

Other RSNT guys looked like they were on bontrager aeolus. Can you tell from that photo? Looks like zipps?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Rear is zipp, but do not know about front. Maybe Enve?