"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AGW

by AGW

I don't understand the love (or even moderate tolerance) for Farrar. He's like the Euskaltel of Garmin.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

^ hehe.....yeah, he is a bum

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

AGW wrote:I don't understand the love (or even moderate tolerance) for Farrar. He's like the Euskaltel of Garmin.

hahahaha nice!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Jersland

by Jersland

Janier Acevedo already signed with OPQS for 2014. I imagine to support Uran for a podium bid in either the Giro or Vuelta. The Tour squad is going to be dedicated to Cav especially with the signing of Petacchi and Renshaw. My opinion is Farrar is going to end up at a second tier team like FDJ, Cofidis, AG2R ect... Maybe even coming back to race on a pro continental team like United Health Care again and proving himself. Even with his previous palmares he's probably desirebable because he can be signed for half the pay. An example of a rider declining is Gerald Ciolek losing his spot at OPQS and ends up signing with MTN Qhubeka and pulls off MSR. Who knows? Someone might roll the dice on him.
Last edited by Jersland on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

maquisard

by maquisard

Farrar just isn't a World Tour sprinter any more, if he ever was. He would be much better trying to fit into a team as a lead out man or drop down the ranks to a Pro-Conti team.

airwise

by airwise

The most important event for the future of many riders is the UCI vote on Friday.

Only with the removal of fat pat can the restructuring of the sport begin and the viability of running a World Tour team become realistic in these economically challenging times.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I'll defend Farrar for a sec here....

First off, he has had some rather decent victories....

1st Vattenfall Cyclassics
1st Stage 3 Tirreno–Adriatico (beat Cav straight up)
1st Stage 11 Vuelta a España

Giro d'Italia 1st Stages 2 & 10
Vuelta a España 1st Stages 5 & 21
1st Vattenfall Cyclassics
1st Scheldeprijs
5th Tour of Flanders

best friend dies
Tour de France 1st Stages 2 (TTT) & 3

What's going on with him seems to me to be about 90% mental which is even more a problem for a top sprinter than say a climber or a one-day rider. He needs to step down a level, get some victories and rebuild his confidence, the ability is certainly there.

edit- Now if we're talking about Goss....no real explanation there....contract year, team folding = big results and nothing since. If Cav wasn't such an amazing sprinter and bike handler, he would've been World Champ.
Last edited by ultyguy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

I wonder if the British team be rolling on the UK Sport TT rigs or riding stock team bikes.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Sky didn't have the Bolide at the time of the Olympics. My guess is he'll be on that.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Willier

by Willier

Der Panzerwagen strikes again!

jockalldrick

by jockalldrick

That was a great race! Shivs are awesome.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Horner to publish all biological passport data back to 2008... the inception of the program. Has any rider ever done that? I suspect this will quiet the naysayers. Sad that he feels compelled to do it, but comforted by his confidence in doing so. Maybe some other recent GT winners will follow suit?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/09/news/vuelta-champion-horner-to-release-biological-passport-data_303994

maquisard

by maquisard

Would love to see Wiggins and Froome do the same, especially the latter. But they won't because of what it would show....

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Panzer Tony beat all the teams up to 5th from the TTT. :shock: :shock:
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

xnavalav8r wrote:Horner to publish all biological passport data back to 2008... the inception of the program. Has any rider ever done that? I suspect this will quiet the naysayers. Sad that he feels compelled to do it, but comforted by his confidence in doing so. Maybe some other recent GT winners will follow suit?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/09/news/vuelta-champion-horner-to-release-biological-passport-data_303994

Horner's results are up on his web site at the top of the page listed by year

http://www.chrishornerracing.com/

His hematocrit levels are similar to mine. I don't know what this would prove though.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com