Vredestein Fortezza Tri-Comp Slick impressions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Looking at a new set of tires for a custom build I am having built this week. The build is Kinlin XR-19w laced the BHS super light hubs with CxRays. Looking for a light weight and supple tire to match.

Saw these on Fairwheel and thought they looked pretty good. Anyone have any experience with them and can give me their impressions??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Don't know about the slick, but the normal Tri-Comp is definitely my favourite clincher tire. From what I have read the slick should be even better.

boolinwall

by boolinwall

They are indeed. I ride Tri comps, tri comp slicks and tri comp quattros depending on my mood. The quattros might be the toughest tire I've ever ridden. The regular tri comps are just simply a nice reliable tire with decent weight and the slicks are a super fast, super light tire. Combine them with a nice latex tube (if you're using alloy rims, don't use latex with carbon rims) and you've got some great treads.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Awesome! I am going to order some slicks and pair them with some Vred' latex tubes. Thanks gents!

Ceebers1

by Ceebers1

Used to ride the tri comp tubies (blue on blue ones) and have the Clincher 25's on the wife's bike. Solid tires with just the right amount of sidewall flex