Trek Madone 10 speed with Dura Ace 9000 53/39 Crank set

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

paulm2322

by paulm2322

Hi folks,

I have just come back from a lovely ride in the sun. Thought I would upload a few pictures of my bike. I am very happy with it now, it rides lovely and smooth. It's also QUICK!

IMG_5257 by p.t.mainwaring, on FlickrImage
IMG_5242 by p.t.mainwaring, on Flickr

Ride safe folks

Paul
You can't 'out train' a bad diet : )

Bregnhoj

by Bregnhoj

Your saddlebag looks like it might just weigh as much as the bike itself.

Otherwise can you perhaps tell me the weight of the frame?
My bikes incl. De Rosa Superking and Cervelo R3
Twitter & Instagram - @mathiasbregnhoj

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

nice bike, i carry a saddlebag too but that is less than weenie , what you packing man? couple of tubes, multi tool and lever, £20 note/cred card gets you out of most issues. How'd you like the wheels? They look a great balance of aero and all year useability with the alu track.

paulm2322

by paulm2322

Bregnhoj wrote:Your saddlebag looks like it might just weigh as much as the bike itself.

Otherwise can you perhaps tell me the weight of the frame?

The frame set weighs 1100 grams.

Funny you should mention the saddle bag! The only reason I took these photos was that I had just stopped to replace a tube! Rear wheel pinch flat. My own fault tbh, I didn't check the pressure before I left the house and went over a rough section of cobbles at speed which caused the puncture.

I know what you're saying, yes they spoil the look of the bike and weigh a bit but I don't have a support team behind me should I puncture.

Cheers

paulm2322

by paulm2322

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:nice bike, i carry a saddlebag too but that is less than weenie , what you packing man? couple of tubes, multi tool and lever, £20 note/cred card gets you out of most issues. How'd you like the wheels? They look a great balance of aero and all year useability with the alu track.

Haha, are you stalking me?? That is exactly what I have in the saddle bag! :D

I absolutely love the wheels, they complete the bike for me. The bike is so smooth and comfortable but feels stiff when I put the power down. :)

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

That looks a nice bike and a good fit ... but you are clearly new to this road bike thing.

Might I suggest you do some research on setting correct saddle height and getting good position. Maybe lower the saddle a bit and level it off. A lot of saddles are intended to be used roughly level, although it is not uncommon for a lot of cyclists to favour a slight downwards tilt. But your saddle kind of says 'you don't know what you are doing'.

You could maybe fit the stuff in your saddle bag into the pockets in your jersey.

paulm2322

by paulm2322

Valbrona wrote:That looks a nice bike and a good fit ... but you are clearly new to this road bike thing.

Might I suggest you do some research on setting correct saddle height and getting good position. Maybe lower the saddle a bit and level it off. A lot of saddles are intended to be used roughly level, although it is not uncommon for a lot of cyclists to favour a slight downwards tilt. But your saddle kind of says 'you don't know what you are doing'.

You could maybe fit the stuff in your saddle bag into the pockets in your jersey.

FYI I have had the bike set up to tailor me perfectly.

The saddle is tilted slightly downward due to me suffering testicular torsion while out riding when I first got the bike. Tilting it downward points it away from my valuables while still retaining a comfortable position.

So no, you're wrong, I'm not at all new to cycling.

Thanks

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Testicular torsion, ouch! Hope the jewels are back to their former glory, can I ask how it occurred? Would very much like to avoid that situation.

paulm2322

by paulm2322

Fixie82 wrote:Testicular torsion, ouch! Hope the jewels are back to their former glory, can I ask how it occurred? Would very much like to avoid that situation.

Thanks, they are fine now. I had to have an emergency operation because it was basically twisted. The main reason was the Gore Bikewear bib tights that I bought. They were too tight around my nether regions and this resulted in the torsion. I have decided to drop the angle of my saddle to try and prevent it ever happening again. It was literally the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Thanks for the information. Would have been a very scary situation for sure. Very happy that its all back to normal now and you have taken the necessary steps for prevention.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

paulm2322

by paulm2322

Fixie82 wrote:Thanks for the information. Would have been a very scary situation for sure. Very happy that its all back to normal now and you have taken the necessary steps for prevention.