Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:50 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:06 am
Posts: 235
It's just my first post but after reading this topic i just bought a racewaredirect mount for my Garming Edge 500. I will post a picture and my opinion when i recieved the mount.


Top
   
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:08 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 am
Posts: 359
Location: Australia
does the original raceware mount work with a garmin 510?

_________________
2012 Scott Foil Premium


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 am
Posts: 344
pawnii wrote:
does the original raceware mount work with a garmin 510?


Works fine... I broke 2 RWD mounts when going over bumps with my carbon ergonova bars, so go careful if your running carbon bars. Don't over tighten the tension nut... My first 510 got run over when the first RWD mount let go... My second was saved by the tether strap! I'm now running one of tilquists alloy mounts.. No probs now!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 am
Posts: 359
Location: Australia
thanks that's the exact answer i was hoping for :)
I wanted a tilquist alloy mount too but he was out of stock for a 3T ARX LTD stem a while ago.

_________________
2012 Scott Foil Premium


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 1529
pawnii wrote:
thanks that's the exact answer i was hoping for :)
I wanted a tilquist alloy mount too but he was out of stock for a 3T ARX LTD stem a while ago.


I have the LTD Mount now :-)

Send me a mail ;-)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm
Posts: 80
Wow, who'd have thunk it that what would seem to be a simple thing like getting the perfect mount would be so complicated? From browsing this and other threads, it seems there's tonnes of different options and it's hard to keep up on which ones are the latest, pros and cons of each, so I'd really appreciate some current advice.

I'm looking for a mount for my Garmin Edge 500 for my road bike (31.8mm FSA K-Force carbon monocoque bars) and my TT bike (3T Pro alloy aero bars). On the road bike, I'd like the Garmin positioned a little in front of the stem and on the TT bike, I guess in between the aero bars would be ideal?

Which option is best for these positions and is also light and reliable (I'd rather pay a few quid extra and not have to worry about it possibly falling off and destroying my Garmin)? Thanks!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 am
Posts: 359
Location: Australia
drmutley wrote:
pawnii wrote:
does the original raceware mount work with a garmin 510?


Works fine... I broke 2 RWD mounts when going over bumps with my carbon ergonova bars, so go careful if your running carbon bars. Don't over tighten the tension nut... My first 510 got run over when the first RWD mount let go... My second was saved by the tether strap! I'm now running one of tilquists alloy mounts.. No probs now!


Just got my 510 and at first it seems to fit perfectly on the original RWD mount...but the 510 sits so close to my 3T ARX LTD stem that any bump i hit makes the two rub together and gives you a annoyingly loud vibration sound.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new mount.

What's the best???

_________________
2012 Scott Foil Premium


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 1515
Location: Hungary
It took an awful lot of time that they came up with this.
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 8335
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
The problem (as I see it) with the mounts that involve the stem itself, either bolted to the faceplate or on the faceplate, is that while they may be beautiful piece of craftsmanship they are also subject to the angle of the stem & headtube. With a mount that utilizes the handlebar and is free to rotate, such as the RWD one, you can adjust the angle not only give a better viewing angle for you (and we're all different!), it may also be a little bit more aero heading into the win(d).

So if you've got your stem angled up, which some people do, then the Garmin's angle is affected as well, and it presents a larger surface area into the wind.

_________________
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 am
Posts: 344
prendrefeu wrote:
The problem (as I see it) with the mounts that involve the stem itself, either bolted to the faceplate or on the faceplate, is that while they may be beautiful piece of craftsmanship they are also subject to the angle of the stem & headtube. With a mount that utilizes the handlebar and is free to rotate, such as the RWD one, you can adjust the angle not only give a better viewing angle for you (and we're all different!), it may also be a little bit more aero heading into the win(d).

So if you've got your stem angled up, which some people do, then the Garmin's angle is affected as well, and it presents a larger surface area into the wind.


I see your point but the angle of the faceplate on most stems is 90deg to the horizontal... Therefor the garmin should be in an ideal viewing position if your bike position is setup appropriately...

I run tillquists mount on both my 3T -17 and -6 degree stems and both are in the identical (ideal) viewing positions...


Last edited by drmutley on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 240
Location: The Netherlands
Ave, is that mount/stem plate (which stem is it?) commercially available?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 1529
trychle wrote:
Ave, is that mount/stem plate (which stem is it?) commercially available?


Look at Barfly Mount Web-site


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 240
Location: The Netherlands
Ah thanks, found it!

I still prefer your mount. ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 1529
trychle wrote:
Ah thanks, found it!

I still prefer your mount. ;)


Thanks 8)


Top
   
Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:30 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. New garmin mount :o

in Road

BigCol

14

2089

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:25 pm

Zigmeister View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. ENVE Garmin Mount - Redesigned

in Road

djtodd

6

837

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 pm

ergott View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Garmin mount to Bontrager xxx handlebar

in Road

kampiakseli

6

1458

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:02 pm

eliflap-scalpel View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. ENVE Garmin Mount Version 2 (V2)

in Road

survivor

12

1878

Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:48 pm

ms6073 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Zipp Service Course SL 2016 garmin mount

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

JasperGr

18

1923

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 am

ktw7937 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJS914, Baidu [Spider], benzebub, kevosinn, TurboTommy, xena, Yahoo [Bot] and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited