Colnago C59 TIST

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gilldog

by gilldog

Here is my C59.
Its taken me some time to build it up and bucks the normal trends as this bike is intended for going fast and not parking up for Coffee shop Kudos

Frame:Colnago C59 Italia Tist
Fork: Colnago C59 Italia Tist
Headset: Colnago
Headset Spacers:Hi mod CArbon jobbies
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL 100mm
Handlebar: Zipp Service Course SL 100mm
Handlebar Tape: Zipp Service Course CX
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
Seatpost: Colnago SP35
Seat Clamp: Colnago
Front Derailleur: SRAM Red yaw
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Red
Shift & Brake Levers: SRAM Red
Crank Set: SRAM Red GXP 53-39
Bottom Bracket: SRAM Red
Cassette: SRAM Red 11-26
Chain: SRAM Red 1090
Brakes: SRAM Red
Wheelset: Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubulars
Tyres: Veloflex Arenberg
Skewers: Zipp
Cables & Housings: SRAM Red
Pedals: Look Keo CArbon Blade 16nm CroMo

Hope you like it. Im supper happy with it it will be a shame to race it haha.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

That's a nice bike, and it looks well set-up. But I have never found SRAM on a Colnago to be very logical. A bit like Campag on a Cervelo.

caballero

by caballero

Looks good though !

JAGGY

by JAGGY

That is one of the nicest cleanest builds i have seen on this forum. Well done :D :D :D

I think it would look even better with either a 202 wheel on the front or a 303/404 wheel combo.

rico

by rico

That's a lovely paintjob and a nice setup. As someone who always puts DA on my Colnagos I'm used to 'that group with that frame comments'...

There's a shallower headset spacer if you want to drop the front by a few mms by the way.

CBJ

by CBJ

I think it build is brilliant and looks great too but where is the weight and frame size?

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Valbrona wrote:That's a nice bike, and it looks well set-up. But I have never found SRAM on a Colnago to be very logical. A bit like Campag on a Cervelo.

Dude have you not seen Record 10 speed on a ~2008 R3? It's surely a match made in heaven. :beerchug:

michel2

by michel2

Works ( ver,very ) well for me, beauty, besides it has a bitt of red in the paint job so, indeed well matched (;

paradawt

by paradawt

OMG! Just perfect!

Congrats man.
Berria Belador 7

gilldog

by gilldog

Cheers everyone. it took a long time to get it right. Building the bike myself was a daunting prospect but it really just fell together.

As strange as it sounds i was sceptical of the benefits of a bike like this coming from racing other disciplines of cycling. To say i was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. Cycling around with a big grin on your face does not help keep the bugs out of your teeth.

It weighs in at roughly 14.4 pounds and the size is a 50s. Sorry for neglecting that on the first post. I'm sure there would be more weight to be shaved off but for now I'm enjoying riding it to much after the long process of building and sourcing parts.

I like the suggestion regarding 202's maybe a set of those for climbing duties. I'm torn whether to go for those or a set of Mavic Rsys Slr tubulars. But to be honest it climbs remarkably well as it is. Can you collectively recommend me anything?

rico

by rico

Shimano C24 or 35 tubs would look great and have beautiful hubs and braking surfaces and are more aero than they look. Compared to R-Sys it's really a no brainer...

gilldog

by gilldog

rico wrote:Shimano C24 or 35 tubs would look great and have beautiful hubs and braking surfaces and are more aero than they look. Compared to R-Sys it's really a no brainer...

Those New C24's that sky and others used on the tour this year look excellent thats some serious rent money for those though. That being said weighing the best part of 64 kilos soaked through I'm not sure i need to go any lighter. If I'm honest id totally forgotten about Shimano in the quest for wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com