HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 am 

So after the Eurobike I decided on having a go on the Specialized Romin Evo pro saddle 1in 155, I went for a ride on the track for about 3h and my left gluteaus started to hurt and my left leg getting slowly numb, so I had to get out of the saddle every 15 to 20 minutes. Even a day- two after, my sit bones still hurt. I'm quite sure it doesn't have enough padding for my sit bones and it's not a saddle position thing, any ideas which Romin Evo has more padding? Or which saddle is close in design to the Evo with more padding? The padding should be thicker but not too soft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 am 

So after the Eurobike I decided on having a go on the Specialized Romin Evo pro saddle 1in 155, I went for a ride on the track for about 3h and my left gluteaus started to hurt and my left leg getting slowly numb, so I had to get out of the saddle every 15 to 20 minutes. Even a day- two after, my sit bones still hurt. I'm quite sure it doesn't have enough padding for my sit bones and it's not a saddle position thing, any ideas which Romin Evo has more padding? Or which saddle is close in design to the Evo with more padding? The padding should be thicker but not too soft.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:55 am 

Take a look at the Bontrager Evoque carbon (yes, an mtb saddle). I´m a happy man now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 pm 

I'd suggest the Bontrager Paradigm. I'm riding a 2012 S-WORKS Toupé (130mm) now and the Paradigm seems to be very similar profile-wise but with more dense padding.
There are 3 different widths, and you have the option of metal rails if you want them. 30 day guarantee too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 pm 

PIXELLUST wrote:
I'd suggest the Bontrager Paradigm. I'm riding a 2012 S-WORKS Toupé (130mm) now and the Paradigm seems to be very similar profile-wise but with more dense padding.
There are 3 different widths, and you have the option of metal rails if you want them. 30 day guarantee too.

Wow, that one looks pretty similar to the romin evo pro, if it has more padding that would be a choice, so far I was thinking to go for the speci Avatar Expert but the Bontrager one is pretty similar in design and a bit nicer to the eye.
Can it be confirmed that it has more padding than the romin evo pro?
Anyone (with sharp sit bones)-has some ride experience with the Bontrager ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 am 

Fizik is adding new cut-out saddles for next year, they are called Versus X. The channel is deeper now (20 mm).

They sure will be available to try for free in good bike shops, so you may try them as well.

from http://bicycling.com/bikes-gear/new-bike-gear-previews/2014-fizik-saddles-offer-modern-and-classic-shapes?cm_mmc=Facebook-_-Bicycling-_-Content-Story-_-fizik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 am 

Guerdi wrote:
Fizik is adding new cut-out saddles for next year, they are called Versus X. The channel is deeper now (20 mm).

They sure will be available to try for free in good bike shops, so you may try them as well.

from http://bicycling.com/bikes-gear/new-bike-gear-previews/2014-fizik-saddles-offer-modern-and-classic-shapes?cm_mmc=Facebook-_-Bicycling-_-Content-Story-_-fizik

Unfortunately those saddles can't be had yet :noidea:
Is there also a Arione vsx model?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm 

After 10 years on Aliante, they are starting to bother me as well.... Weird, I have 9 of them and until a month ago never worried about saddles. I am trying a romin evo carbon rail on a bike now.... This deeper channel aliante could be worth a try as well. It really sucks when you have to hunt for a saddle that works.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:26 pm 

San Marco Regale'

HUMP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:29 pm 

HUMP DIESEL wrote:
San Marco Regale'

HUMP

It's a flat and wide saddle, I really doubt it would work for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:32 pm 

I am not that big and it has been my go to for three years now. I do run a lot of setback and the front is tilted to be flat on the nose.

HUMP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:00 am 

Try an Arione. They don't put pressure on your sit bones like some of the Spesh saddles. It may not work for you but from what you say about your sit bones I think it would be worth a try.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:25 am 

I've tried Selle SMP - used the Dynamic for awhile. Then gave a Specialized Romin Evo Pro a go. Now am on a Selle Italia SuperFlow - love it. Given what you're looking for, it might just work. I'm on a 145 - it comes in 135 too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:03 pm 

"my left gluteaus started to hurt and my left leg getting slowly numb"
While repeating the statement that it's impossible to recommend saddles, the above quote leads me to doubt that this is a a question of not enough padding for the sitbones. That shouldn't cause issues like that. It's also interesting that saddles which are very similar to what you've used without issues, cause so much trouble.
Superfluous, I'm sure, so please excuse the obvious; no physical or geometry/position changes that could be (partly) to blame?

To further confuse things, I'd like to add the ISM Adamo saddles to the list, especially the recent additions to the line, like the Prologue and Breakaway. Big 'cut-outs' (no nose), designed for the sitbones and a more comfortable 'nose' design than the older models. My completely personal opinion, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 pm 

I too went through a saddle thing last year until I found the Prologo Scratch Nack. Sadly, it's one of their most expensive saddles and one of their lightest but extremely comfortable. Can now spend all day in the saddle without any concerns of discomfort. God luck with it!

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 pm 

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next