Storck Scenario Team - extralow budget semiweenie build

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ianeire

by ianeire

Hey, where did you buy the Thomson seat post for such a good price?

Ian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tjk

by tjk

Hi Ian

It´s from my friend :-) he´s very generous man :-D also lots of my other parts comes from him... I owe him alot!
Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

- FORT Columbus Ultrafoco

tjk

by tjk

Just another small step closer to the end :-)

Brand new Circle carbon 44cm bars 212g, probably just some OEM chinese carbon but 67€... well I don´t care 8)

will sand off logos and polish them and maybe change Tune Geilesteil for Thomson X2 .. still I´m not decided which one to use, but definitely like same brand seatpost / stem combo ...

Now I´m really pleased with this weight, and when arrives new Kuota Full carbon fork it will cut off next 200g, So it will be around 3.8kg for now and I´m still able to keep budget around 800€..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Not exactly pure Weightweenie.... but still crazy enought to hunt every possible gram (used to be, but still like reasonably light bikes :-))

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

fadr

by fadr

Let FCC high rims! I like the FCC carbon rims much more then XAERO...

tjk

by tjk

Small update.. switched Storck Stiletto fork for fullcarbon Kuota Kharma fork and result is -210g :D ... at first i was worried because I don´t like curved forks and prefer straight ones, but all my worries was gone in the first moment I tried Kuota :-) I think it fits more than original Storck!

And finally I decided about which stem to use and ended with 110mm Thomson X2, I just prefer to have same brand stem and seatpost, After that I had to remove ugly logos from the centre of bars (because of hole in X2 stem front clamp) and stupid sign from Kuota fork.. so after little bit of sanding and polishing...here they are :D just pure carbon and bright shine :-)

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

New package :-) another step closer to the end... bike is now at 4.02 kg

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

Shadow of the beast and new wheels 8)

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

Miller76

by Miller76

Is that a Megane RS Cup in the background?

tjk

by tjk

It´s 2006 RS 225 with few mods... and I´m working on some big changes rigt now....

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

So sweet 28g 8) 50€

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

Very quick preview... more or less finished... waiting just for new pedals.. weight will be somewhere between 6,98-7,01kg

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

Some small update... new Easton EC90 SLX Custom BMC fork bought.. still need some sanding and painting to matte black with small white Storck Logos to mach the frame... waiting for my new Speedneedle to be refurbished in white leather and cut the steerer tube and Masterpiece seatpost.. than is probably finished... bike is still budget built considering local forum situation :-) ... spent something around 1.400 Eur so far and it´s done.. I´m very happy how it looks and rides right now and since I´m close to 90 kg actual weight around 7.3kg is quite ok forme :-)

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

tjk

by tjk

Sooo.. the right time came... and I finally managed to get something little bit mor exclusive than Alu Storck (even tho the Storck was really nice unique frame).. I ended up with 56 Fort frame brazed from Columbus Ultrafoco tubes :-) I basicly just switched parts from Storck and now I´m working on some upgrades... actual weight is 7.52kg....

new parts:

New Easton EC 90 SLX fork, painted to the same design
New Easton EC90 SLX Compact bars painted to same design
New 50mm Tubullar carbon rims laced on Novatec Ultralight hubs
KCNC Ti Pro seatpost
and few more small upgrades... final weight should be around 7kg or I secretly hope I can brake it little bit under :-D

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

What was in the Renishaw box?

And beautiful build by the way. Something that the rest of us could afford is nice to see.

tjk

by tjk

THX man :-)

Renishaw box is just full of nokon.. Ti and Alu bolts.. shims etc... :-) but before there was Renishaw PM head nad few TP20 probes :-)

Well to be hones .. it started as budged built and over time turned again into gram hunting game that never ends :-DD .. and I always wanted titanium or really quality steel frame.. so this is kind of my early christmas present :-D

- LITESPEED Obed

- STORCK Scenario Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com