Breadwinner Lolo...any firsthand experience?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chiltonp

by chiltonp

They look really intriguing and somewhat comparable to a Speedvagen or somehting but I really haven't seen any built up or read any reviews. Kinda wanting to go steel on my next bike and this looks like an attractive option, pretty good price-point for American made. I know they don't offer custom but i'm not sure how much i'd benefit from custom geo anyway.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

How about a link?

pereiracycles
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by pereiracycles

Hey Friends,

I'm half of Breadwinner Cycles. I was just doing some admin on our site and noticed a bump in traffic from this board, so came to see why and found this thread.

Thought maybe I could field your questions if you have any.

Not many people have ridden our bikes yet, because we've only made a handful at this point. That said, the Lolo has been our most popular model and those that have ridden it have loved it. Look for a review in the October issue of Bicycling magazine.

To chiltonp: all the Breadwinner bicycles are custom made-to-measure. You send us body measurements or fit requirements and we build each bike to suit.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Best,

Tony Pereira
Breadwinner Cycles

asv620

by asv620

Tony,

I saw the Lolo in bicycling magazine, it is probably the most beautiful bike
I have ever seen. A true sleeper! Well done!

pereiracycles

by pereiracycles

asv620 wrote:Tony,

I saw the Lolo in bicycling magazine, it is probably the most beautiful bike
I have ever seen. A true sleeper! Well done!

asv620,
Thanks. Mr Strickland really seemed to enjoy it!

rene5311

by rene5311

Bump. Hoping to buy a steel everyday workhorse that's still performance oriented. Cyclepath had a great review up, but I wonder if anyone else here has seen them.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Great to see another Portland partnership with Chris King stuff on your pictured bikes. With all the great committed cycling companies in Portland I bet you really can source some unique stuff to finish your frames from here. Did Sugar build the wheels?

Just for my information, how much does the finished Lolo weigh, this is Weight Weenies of course…

Scott/ Aloha Oregon
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

pereiracycles

by pereiracycles

oreoboreo wrote:Great to see another Portland partnership with Chris King stuff on your pictured bikes. With all the great committed cycling companies in Portland I bet you really can source some unique stuff to finish your frames from here. Did Sugar build the wheels?

Just for my information, how much does the finished Lolo weigh, this is Weight Weenies of course…

Scott/ Aloha Oregon

Scott,

The complete Ultegra Di2 bike pictured on our site with Enve/King wheels came in right around 16lbs. The Lolo frames are usually just under 3.5 lbs.

Sugar builds all the wheels that we sell with our bikes. They are great folks to work with and the wheels are very well assembled.

Wish I had a list of published testimonials for you guys, but we are too new. I can provide email addresses of some references. Please email me directly and I'll put you in touch.

-Tony
tony@breadwinnercycles.com

rene5311

by rene5311

I've gone ahead and put in an order. I'll update with some pics in two months or so when everything comes in. I worked through a dealer (Cyclepath) so I wouldn't feel so guilty about going back and forth about component choices. I want to say that Tony and Ira have gone out of their way to make sure I have a frame which handles the way I like. At least the Iowa winter is making waiting a little easier.

Miller76

by Miller76

Looking forward to seeing your build - I had a look around their site and the Lolo looks stunning....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rene5311

by rene5311

The frame. Looks great.

I had planned to build it up with Dura Ace 9000, but some unexpected expenses mean that I'll have to use my old 2010 Red group. Trying to stick with a 'built in the USA' theme for the other parts.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Wow.....that's gorgeous! Currently talking with Ira/Tony about a build. This may have sealed the deal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com