S-WORKS Evade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bradcycles

by Bradcycles

dereksmalls wrote:For those that have bought them, the decals on them can they be peeled off? What colour options did you buy? Can you post photos? It owuld seem that the colours that are coming into NZ to start with are the black with red stripe and the white. I'd prefer the plain black one so if the decals are just stickers you can peel off, I might just do that when they are available here

here's a photo of mine:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Imageheres mine
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Anyone willing to write a solid review on it?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I will be using it tomorrow... my Sunday 20 miler pulling my daughter in the weehoo with my MTB.. Nothing like an extra 80 pounds, mostly flat trail ride.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Kayrehn wrote:Anyone willing to write a solid review on it?

If you're able to purchase it, my take on it will be in the latest edition of RIDE Magazine (issue 61).

Juggernaut

by Juggernaut

Awaiting the arrival of the Evade at my LBS but for now I'm enjoying my Omega-Pharma QuickStep S-Works Prevail.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Kayrehn wrote:Anyone willing to write a solid review on it?

If you're able to purchase it, my take on it will be in the latest edition of RIDE Magazine (issue 61).

reddit!

[prior to this] but i sold my air attack, hoping to get an evade soon!

sawyer

by sawyer

My Medium in white weighs 264g (266g claimed)
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Got mine yesterday as part of an early shipment that came into the country, main shipment isn't scheduled until Dec/Jan now. I got a small in black with the red stripe and it fits really well. I love the look of it. Just in time for races starting next weekend

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Aaaaand I just got a call from the bike shop saying Specialized are recalling them all due to some showing cracks in the tail. So I haven't even had a chance to wear it and the next lot of shipment is due inNew Zealand Dec/Jan :(

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Don't know where you heard that but logging into the Specialized Dealer site shows no recall notifications for the Evade.

I just arrived in Chicago and picked one up from my contacts at a shop I work with. Plenty in stock (and they have multiple stores in Chicago), no ones heard about a recall yet and they are an Elite dealer.

The helmet fits much lower and leaner then I imagined and looks great from the front. A little long from the profile but expected.

My wife said it looks like an old school helmet from certain angles but I'm impressed with the design and can't wait to try it out on the SW Venge.

Funny, the dealer site still says none in stock even though the shop I work with in the states has them so who knows...
carbonLORD.com

bura

by bura

So why is this Evade discussion placed here whereas the Giro Air Attack helmet is discussed in Cycle Chat? Missing something?
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Just a follow up on this. I took mine back to the shop the week after I brought it. The NZ Specialized rep just happened to be in store so was able to look and see if I had to infact return mine. Thankfully it was not one of the affected ones. He actually showed me the email that went around to the New Zealand dealers indicating where the fault was and the attached photo showing an example. It was a big crack right throughthe tail section structure. I haven't a got a photo but it was on the exhaust vent structural bracket just below where the S is on this photo

Apparently the cracks were caused right through this section when the polystyrene helmet shells were removed from the moulds too forcefully and it caused cracking right through that structural section. No idea how they made it through quality control and out into stores, but thankfully, mine was in perfect condition so no need to return

nagge

by nagge

Are the red stripes and the other logos removable?
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

nagge wrote:Are the red stripes and the other logos removable?

yes they can be removed