2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

astranoc

by astranoc

Who gives a crap of what a couple of guys are saying, the vast majority likes the design and appreciate that you are putting this order together.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

Compared to WWs Bernard are complete nobodies.

Unless you mean Bernard Matthews? He was a rouleur.

So it's not a problem.

Well done prend for seeing this through! Ready to order once we have clarity on sizes. :)
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

KvnP

by KvnP

Just hoping that this doesn't turn out like the last kit discussion where we had no results; just complaints and going back and forth.

If you don't like it, move on ! No need to comment in subjective thoughts and cause unnecessary frustration upon others..
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

Rick

by Rick

Electric Blue is so "2010"!
http://www.becomegorgeous.com/fashion-s ... -2622.html

Do you think you could go with more of a Pantone blue, so that we won't be the laughing stock of the fashion industry ?
http://www.imagesense.com.au/wp-content ... s-blue.bmp

:thumbup:

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I'm ready to order, can't wait to get it.

Thanks, again Prend.

:thumbup: :beerchug:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Me too!

A few phone calls & e-mails this morning with Jakroo and apparently I'll be getting the link to the online store on Monday. This is frustrating because I was hoping to get it this week, and somehow it didn't happen. :( Still working on it. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I'm told of anything. Thanks for your patience everyone, I appreciate it.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

JAWN

by JAWN

Prendie: good for you, you work for LACBC. I know plenty of people who work there now or who have in the past. I've heard the horror stories of incompetence and frustrating hurdles with the city, police, general public and the LACBC's own efforts. I commend you on your willingness to fight the fight on behalf of other cyclists but I will not congratulate you on stealing another persons's design. Everything you are pointing out to me about your connection to the LA cycling scene is just reinforcing the fact that you have seen the Bernard kit regardless if you are willing to admit to it on this forum or not. There is a HUGE difference between taking inspiration from someone or something and straight up stealing it. Changing a color palette and changing logos does not make it different. It just makes it a knockoff.

The VCR kit is not my design but I do know a few of the guys/girls. I don't own one of their kits but I do own a Bernard kit. I was lucky enough to be in on the 2nd round order of the Bernard kit when it happened 3.5 years ago. At any rate, good luck with the kit order, folks. I've been in on the ground floor of designing a kit before and I know it takes a lot of effort. I don't envy the shipping issues one bit.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

What you claim as a fact simply isn't, sorry. I've never seen the Bernard kit in person, nor online, prior to trychle mentioning it earlier in the thread. Period.
You claim about a "scene" ... really? What "scene"? Which one? ... Let me emphasize that again: WHICH ONE?
The Ultra "scene"? Because I'm in that one, and I've never seen that kit. Period.
Your whole reference to "the" "scene" is what I pointed out in my first response to you: you think that the entire cycling world in the Los Angeles area is just what you're up to, where you ride, and who you know or have seen. You aren't alone in this thinking, and it's been the biggest hinderance towards a strong county-wide effort in advocacy. Keep it going, I guess. :roll:

I know beyond all doubts that I did what I did on my own and I'm willing to take that to the grave with me. Period. Does it end up looking like some other kit after adjustments? I guess but do I really care? No, I don't. Why do you?
Is because you own a Bernard kit? Congratulations. Then ride around feeling proud about being part of that exclusive order and in your mind look down upon others because they're happy with their own kits. Whatever gets you out of bed.
Or did you design the Bernard kit? If so I'd love to talk to you to see how you came about with YOUR design, because I arrived at mine from a completely different direction and we ended up at nearly the same place. Send me a PM if that's the case, I'm fascinated.

I would have cared if this was a paid project. I would have cared if this was for a client. And if that were the case, I would have done extensive design research before making a design public... and guess what, design research is billable hours (or weeks, whatever). But this isn't for a client. This is simply free... so I take something I had sketched up before, modify it, it ends up looking something like what you claim as "famous" to your "scene" and then you give me shit for it?

Really?

Keep trying to backpedal bud. You're running up against someone who knows what they're talking about and I'm committed to defending myself in this matter because I know the truth of this topic no matter how much you try to re-interpret it through your own imagination. Send me your mailing address and I'll send you a bill for wasting my time, then I'll take you to small claims court for not paying the bill, then if you want to have evidence before a judge I'm more than willing to bring it all forward. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting to the courthouse downtown since that may be the "scene" you keep referring to.

spartan

by spartan

Q about shipping/duties.

In the past when ordering through fedex/ups to canada the brokerage fees were outrageous. i see jakroo has a canadian sales office
http://www.jakroo.ca/ . can we order through them to avoid fees ?

btw great design on kit...
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Really good question! I'll ask about that.

Anyone else have brokerage fees from FedEx that were outrageous?

JAWN

by JAWN

Really? Threatening me with a lawsuit? That's just silly. Keep calm and pedal on, my dear. Creative endeavors are always criticized. You don't have to like what is said but you should learn to hear the critique and maybe even learn from it.

RE "scene": I'm not referring to any one group, club, forum or anything else, as you have been. I simply mean cycling in general. I don't know about you but when I ride a bicycle, I see other cyclists from all walks of life. When I do, I nod, waive, throw a peace sign, say hello and sometimes have a brief conversation about cycling or whatever topic we connect on. I also notice their bikes, kits and other gear because it is an ever-changing hobby of mine that I find intriguing. No, I do not "look down on others" when I'm in a custom kit or in any other shell (read: clothing, car, etc). Cycling is not my identity.

Anyway, I'm done derailing this thread. The critique is lost on you, so be it. Good luck with your kit order. While I did not design the Bernard kit (or the VCR kit), I have done some designs for fun and entertain the idea of one day getting a jersey or two made for myself. Jackaroo is a consideration because of their no-minimum ordering policy. I am interested to see what you and the group think of the Jackaroo finish quality and durability.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

JAWN wrote:Really? Threatening me with a lawsuit? That's just silly. Keep calm and pedal on, my dear. Creative endeavors are always criticized. You don't have to like what is said but you should learn to hear the critique and maybe even learn from it.

You must have reading comprehension difficulties. Pay my invoice for wasting my time and then there's no small claims court. ;)
I've heard the critique, and I've defended myself against it. Have you missed that, too?
What did I learn? I learned that there are people in the world who find it impossible to think that there are others in the world beyond themselves, who think that what they know everyone else already knows too at the exact same time, people who think that they need to go out of their way to lambast another person's design because they're unable to see that, yes, a design that was done for free, independently and without design research can go through iterations to look like something else.
I learned that you, JAWN, are an all knowing person and apparently THE source for all that is hip.
I learned that apparently you, or VCR, have laid copyright claim to Blue and Green color palettes... despite having completely different Pantone colors than the ones being used for the WW jersey.
I learned about VCR... a team I've never heard of or seen until you claimed they were well known. Heck, I even asked around to the people I ride with and our Executive Director and she's never heard of them either. La Grange? PAA? SC Velo? Cadence? Major Motion? Adobo Velo? Ironfly? SouthBay Wheelmen? LA Tri? TriFit? Sure. VCR? Who?
What's your website? I'll subscribe to the RSS. I don't do Facebook, sorry.
Last edited by prendrefeu on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Artray? Is that you?

My .02....I haven't seen the Bernhard kit before, so riding a bike and not seeing it before is certainly a possibility.

Anyway....looking forward to the store opening!

JAWN

by JAWN

Read comprehension? Kettle, meet pot. I never referred to any of them as a team. Good try.

For the record:

ImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Ummm yeah Jawn, covered before, see prior posts.

And actually, now that you bring it up - and again, with everything I've stated thus far (GO BACK AND READ!) - the design is actually different. Similar? Yes. They came from two different directions.

As for this golden quote:

JAWN wrote:Read comprehension? Kettle, meet pot. I never referred to any of them as a team.

Yeah, but you did refer to them as "famous"... Which means apparently they would be known. But they aren't.
I'll hand you a shovel, you're already digging yourself into a hole.