Bikeposition

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sparta

by Sparta

Susanne has adopted a diffrent style for her pedaling and it seems to work for her (Markus Ljungkvist fourth at mens worlds also uses this style)

I don´t get it? Please explain Perry :shock:
Sic transit gloria mundi

Perry

by Perry

Sparta wrote: where they in theory isn´t supposed to be.

check the pictures for her cleatposition

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mises

by mises

Perry wrote:
Sparta wrote: where they in theory isn´t supposed to be.

check the pictures for her cleatposition

I can't see what the difference is either since the angle of the pictures are different. What changed?

996vtwin

by 996vtwin

Cleat position seems to be pretty far back....Supposedly a good thing according to some.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

That's something you can practice with. I like my cleats as far back as possible cause I use my upstroke.

I adjust my setup around my cleat position.

big fellow

by big fellow

does seem a very odd position which seems to go against convention but if it works hey you can't fault it!

Sparta

by Sparta

Cleat position seems to be pretty far back....Supposedly a good thing according to some

Ok now i get it. I actually have my cleats as far back as possible - again as suggested by Steve Hoggs. It works very well, gives good stability and allows you to be "on top of the pedal" at an earlier point in the downstroke.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Perry

by Perry

Sparta wrote:
Cleat position seems to be pretty far back....Supposedly a good thing according to some

Ok now i get it. I actually have my cleats as far back as possible - again as suggested by Steve Hoggs. It works very well, gives good stability and allows you to be "on top of the pedal" at an earlier point in the downstroke.

Aha didnt know that this was "comon" knowlege I´ve been trying it out too for a couple of years( I did meet the "inventor" for this style couple of years ago) and at first my cadens was all gone and it took some time and adjustment to get used to it but now it works very well I think.
Susanne have specialy made shoes with the cleat in the midle of the shoe (and special geometry on her bike) and next time i probably try a pair of those shoes

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I believe trackies have their cleat further forwards do to the prodominantly downwards stroke style while roadies generally have it 5-10mm behind the axle and more for some of us.