setup for Ciamillo Gravitas SL brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ellipsesx

by ellipsesx

that's the way it goes.........
In the past I've sent several mails and even here on ww I've react on postings. Ones he sent me an pm asking my mail address and that was that..............now about 2 years later I read here it happens the same to you, only bla bla bla words and no deeds. Only if he reads critical notes about his products he reacts no more no less.
I ride with the zero negative sl no probs, but asking him an update for the spring and cam 2 years a go
.......still waiting :evil:
By By zero's the next brakes will be the trp 970

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ipdamages

by ipdamages

I understand that once you do the one-time clamp on Powercordz, you can then adjust with the micro-cam to get them just right, rather than having to re-clamp (which isn't possible with Powercordz).

pawnii

by pawnii

OMG! what can we do about this?
I can't believe what a dirty prick Ted is.
How can you stuff people around this much that spend so much money on brakes that don't work?

I really hope he does the right thing and send me what I need.

I also really hope people read this thread before considering purchasing from Ciamillo.
2012 Scott Foil Premium

pawnii

by pawnii

ipdamages wrote:I understand that once you do the one-time clamp on Powercordz, you can then adjust with the micro-cam to get them just right, rather than having to re-clamp (which isn't possible with Powercordz).

That's the theory...but no one has tried it yet.
2012 Scott Foil Premium

pawnii

by pawnii

bump
2012 Scott Foil Premium

pawnii

by pawnii

has anyone got a picture of the infamous Micro Cam?
2012 Scott Foil Premium

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

Again, I have prototype images but I'll talk to Ted tomorrow and see what the deal is.
carbonLORD.com

pawnii

by pawnii

still nothing from Ted
2012 Scott Foil Premium

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Pawnii,

Since the registered mail package I sent with the insert has not shown up, I have sent a First Class package which, unlike registered, has tracking. Here is your tracking number. (please allow 24 hours to become active). Please let me know if you have any other issues with your setup. The best way to reach me immediately is by phone 770-364-7933.

www.usps.com LJ 153 377 233 US

Thanks,

Ted

pawnii

by pawnii

Nothing still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
2012 Scott Foil Premium

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Really now... We all know you are upset, but anyone can use the tracking number provided to see that the package is on its way, sorting through Miami over the weekend. No need to continue dumping on Ted in the meantime.

Now, what I would love to see are the details on the Micro Cam. CarbonLord or Ted, do you have any updates for us?

pawnii

by pawnii

yes you're correct. I am very upset with Ted.
He has been feeding me bullshit about shipping for months now. Do you understand when i say months?
Until I actually get the replacement part I'm supposed to get, considering I purchased these brakes brand new and under warranty, I'll keep posting here so others can see what I'm going through when dealing with Ted.

If Ted replied to my emails I wouldn't have to post on WW to get him to do anything or even reply.

This has been going on since June and I still haven't had a chance to use the brakes!
Would you call this fair???

Until i get the missing part form Ted and get to use these very expensive brakes i'll keep posting here.

After 4 months of waiting a Tracking number alone doesn't cut it.
Why didn't Ted give me a Tracking number weeks or months ago considering I asked for it probably 10 times.
2012 Scott Foil Premium

pawnii

by pawnii

So has anyone used or seen the Micro Cam yet?
Ted said it was released mid August but I haven't heard or seen any info on it at all. Not even a picture.

I figured Ted would have at least had a picture on his website at a minimum once it was releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
2012 Scott Foil Premium

lewolive

by lewolive

Nobody yet ! I have a drawing that Ted made of it 15 days ago.
It seems that the adjustment available will be about 7mm, which is going to allow to go from aluminum rims to Zipp 404 Firecrest without changing PDH !
It's a real improvement, but I'm still waiting for the result. Of what I have seen, that's not a complicated project and it should be easy to make with Ted's skills.
Once again, it's money that's deciding the priority and Ted has made the crank his priority, for the happiness of many customers. The new micro cam will boost the sales of the brakes in a second time, but as of today, Ciamillo fans who have SLP PDH + spacers already can ride super large rims, and they are mostly impatient to ride the crank.
I expect the new cam to be ready next week, and I'm almost sure it will be, because I placed a big order with that new cam.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

As others have said, its close, any day now close as I too have cam upgrades on order for my existing carbonLORD GSL's. Ive seen some CAD and prototype bodies of the new Micro but not the finished product in whole.

Pawnii, looks like the part is finally en route to you and hopefully everything will come together and make your wait worthwhile. Should you need anything you have my email and I'll do my best to assist.
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com