"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pastronef

by pastronef

tcurtbike wrote:Image

That's the new Lazer helmet, the Z1. Claimed weight 220g for a size medium.

not bad, it was about time for Lazer to come out with a new helmet

no sightings at the Vuelta, maybe they will use it for the end of the season, Worlds, Paris-Tour and Lombardia (Beijing maybe)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

speaking about Lotto-Belisol sponsors, I've heard about complains from riders about the Campagnolo EPS electronic shifting.
Anyone knows how long is Campagnolo deal with the team?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

pastronef wrote:https://twitter.com/AndreGreipel/media/grid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

look at Greipel's training bike. which wheels are those?

Looks like just some handbuilts? Is he on a Fenix there?

Geoff

by Geoff

@Pastronef, who said that? My friends at Lotto-Belisol got me on a Campagnolo EPS bike this season and I have never heard that. My personal experience is that it is largely bomb-proof. The only 'complaint' I could come-up with is that, as compared to Di2, the battery doesn't last as long.

pastronef

by pastronef

@Geoff
actually I did not hear riders complaining, I read here or CN forum about some EPS problems with Campy supplied teams. or was it the Secret Pro talking about it..
anyway, you're right, I wrote in my previous post that riders were complaining, I was wrong.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That Eurosport Announcer.
The last km always sounds like someone is giving him a wedgie*
I miss David Harmon.

*things children do to each other, pulling up underwear on another person so it jams up in between their legs and against their soft tissue.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Liggero

by Liggero

I was doing a relaxed 30km urban ride today in the sunset, and look what i found on my way back :shock:

Happy Trails !!!

ave

by ave

@prendrefeu: Gilbert liked it! http://twitter.com/PhilippeGilbert
I liked it too, actually.

jooo

by jooo

I love that the last 2 Vuelta stages have on paper been possibly some of the least interesting of the race, yet have still ended with such exciting finishes. I really enjoyed the race last year and I can't see it not living up to the same standard this year.

GT56

by GT56

jooo wrote:I love that the last 2 Vuelta stages have on paper been possibly some of the least interesting of the race, yet have still ended with such exciting finishes. I really enjoyed the race last year and I can't see it not living up to the same standard this year.

still two weeks to go

KWalker

by KWalker

Even with 2 weeks to go its been more exciting than the Giro and Tour combined this year.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

2x that! Loving the Vuelta once again
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

i'm with kwalker, much more of a viewers race thusfar

Liggero

by Liggero

I think it's clear that Vuelta organization is clearly not as good as Tour or even giro, but because it's held in september, there are always good riders there.

The time bonuses at the finish, and the uphill finishes are a good thing for spectacle, and also not having a full first week for sprinters makes it very nice, too.

But i think the most important is that in the tour, riders prepare it so specifically that we always know who is going to win it months before, specially the latest two editions.
Then, I think the giro is perhaps the most beautiful race, with narrow roads and so on. Vuelta has way too many roundabouts or highways, but it's always sunny and not too too hot. Giro dates are too cold, and also it's too close to the tour.

I think right now vuelta is clearly the best GT to watch. Tour has the highest level in riders, but it's way too boring.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com