HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

What are the 2 most important things for you on a crank ?
-Design + stiffness 10%  10%  [ 15 ]
-Design + weight 14%  14%  [ 20 ]
-Design + price 5%  5%  [ 8 ]
-Stiffness + weight 43%  43%  [ 63 ]
-Stiffness + price 9%  9%  [ 14 ]
-Weight + price 19%  19%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 148
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:21 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:53 am
Posts: 156
Location: Athens, GA
Jumpman,

The new spiders are bolt-on to the revision 3. Please email me and we can discuss your options.
tciamillo@gmail.com

Thanks,
Ted


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:21 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:18 pm
Posts: 294
waiting for these with new spider version, to replace my Cannondale SL spidering 53/39

all matt black with matt logos, going Praxis 52/36, too, can't wait, to try them!!!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/5470/r7zu.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/973/v0ji.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don't know if the spider will be bolted to the Crank.????

Regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 am
Posts: 322
Location: Bay State
elfuinha wrote:
waiting for these with new spider version, to replace my Cannondale SL spidering 53/39

all matt black with matt logos, going Praxis 52/36, too, can't wait, to try them!!!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/5470/r7zu.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/973/v0ji.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don't know if the spider will be bolted to the Crank.????

Regards


The spider you have pictured will be bolted to the crank. There are 3 holes on the spider spline for the bolts. I was told this arrangement will also support a Quark PM spider.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am
Posts: 14
Hi,

It's been a while since i ordered gravitas combo from Ted, and it's finally arrive today.
The crank is 170mm all black 110BCD with BB30.
I will post some picture after i assamble this to my bike.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:01 am
Posts: 322
Location: Bay State
revpower wrote:
Hi,

It's been a while since i ordered gravitas combo from Ted, and it's finally arrive today.
The crank is 170mm all black 110BCD with BB30.
I will post some picture after i assamble this to my bike.

Image


By chance does the chainring spider have screws securing it to the DS crankarm on your revision? Also, be very careful shimming the Gravitas crankset for proper BB bearing preload. It's trial and error so take your time carefully checking side play when tightening the split axle bolt. If you've installed a Cannondale Hollowgram Si SL BB30 crankset or a Zipp Vuma Quad, you'll be familiar with this setup. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Gien, France
My newest crank in stock is the one of the picture: long pedaling but no bolts to attach the spider to the DS arm.
I successfully installed it on my BBright Cervelo and rode about 300 miles with it.
There is clearly a lack of stiffness coming from the spider which is not attached and maybe a little bit too much machined....
But the rest of the crank is awesome !
My weight is 415g verified in 130/175 and 93mm length spindle, which is the same standard of Rotor UBB cranks (3D+ series).
I feel a comparable arm stiffness to most of the Rotor series, it's lightweight and there is absolutely no creaking noises.
The only restrictions that I have is to avoid riding above 500W power in order to preserve the spider. So, no sprints, but already fast ascents, just enough to imagine the interest of a such beautiful product.

I'll visit Ted for the Interbike event and I'm now sure that we are very close to start a mass production.

_________________
http://www.velo-perso.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:18 pm
Posts: 294
lewolive wrote:
My newest crank in stock is the one of the picture: long pedaling but no bolts to attach the spider to the DS arm.
I successfully installed it on my BBright Cervelo and rode about 300 miles with it.
There is clearly a lack of stiffness coming from the spider which is not attached and maybe a little bit too much machined....
But the rest of the crank is awesome !
My weight is 415g verified in 130/175 and 93mm length spindle, which is the same standard of Rotor UBB cranks (3D+ series).
I feel a comparable arm stiffness to most of the Rotor series, it's lightweight and there is absolutely no creaking noises.
The only restrictions that I have is to avoid riding above 500W power in order to preserve the spider. So, no sprints, but already fast ascents, just enough to imagine the interest of a such beautiful product.

I'll visit Ted for the Interbike event and I'm now sure that we are very close to start a mass production.


hope the new spider being bolt on doesn't have this problem. i expect it to be Stiffer, noises free.

having a 900USD with restritions on Power output, and ride type, doesn't make sense!!!!

never the less, i would like to see a Stiffness test from some Lab or something like fairwheels did.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 pm
Posts: 1
@lewolive I recently got one of these cranks.. they are indeed awesome, i encountered the same problem you have.. the spindle is a bit short.. i followed your advice and have all the spacers removed.. it worked.. however.. when i was riding my bike the crank will now rub on the spider.. thus creating creaking sounds that is annoying..

have you encountered this? and what do you think i could do to remedy this? I am using Rotor BSA30 BB.. my frame is a threaded english 68mm

is it the BB?

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am
Posts: 14
Hi runner: The spider doesn't have bolt for thightening it to the crankarm
Also it's a little bit tricky to setup the crank to my cervelo frame. But finally my tuner can make it right for me.
My crank is BB30PF and the weight of those item is 418g. which is a little bit dissapointed for me, because on Ted web, he mentioned the crankset weight is 380g.
Another problem is i see the main screw in the center of BB that connect right and left crank is vey small.
I haven't test the bike yet, because the bike still in my tuner place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:18 pm
Posts: 294
revpower wrote:
Hi runner: The spider doesn't have bolt for thightening it to the crankarm
Also it's a little bit tricky to setup the crank to my cervelo frame. But finally my tuner can make it right for me.
My crank is BB30PF and the weight of those item is 418g. which is a little bit dissapointed for me, because on Ted web, he mentioned the crankset weight is 380g.
Another problem is i see the main screw in the center of BB that connect right and left crank is vey small.
I haven't test the bike yet, because the bike still in my tuner place.


As anyone instaled it, in PFBBB30 with no problems.????

i've recieved the tracking number for mine 3 days ago, but still no shipping.
And for what i've read many people is having problems with the spaceing.

as anyone have the new crank version with bolt spider.

let me know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am
Posts: 14
Today i test the crank for the first time, the road condition is uphill with 7% grade, and there is no problem with the crank, i didn't feel any flex from the crank.

And for mine there is no problem with spacing, the problem that i have is the BB is a bit bigger in the end, so i should adjust it carefully to the frame or it will become to tight.

And i had sama issue with Elfuinha when i get the tracking number, but my status changed after it day 5

Here is the pic of the crank
Image

ImageShack.us


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:18 pm
Posts: 294
revpower wrote:
Today i test the crank for the first time, the road condition is uphill with 7% grade, and there is no problem with the crank, i didn't feel any flex from the crank.

And for mine there is no problem with spacing, the problem that i have is the BB is a bit bigger in the end, so i should adjust it carefully to the frame or it will become to tight.

And i had sama issue with Elfuinha when i get the tracking number, but my status changed after it day 5

Here is the pic of the crank
Image

ImageShack.us


Hello Ver

Still waiting on the Tracking number to Update, from 30/08/2013. starting to get very concerned.

Can you give some more riding information on the crank and a better picture, please.

Regards thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Gien, France
Image

Image
Image

Here are a few pictures that I took at the Ciamillo shop this WE. More pictures and information are available on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/veloperso

As you can see on the pictures, the new version of the crank has attached bolts from the spider to the right arm. After a long testing of different versions of the crank, that was the remaining drawback that we noticed, a lack a stiffness on the spider. Now it's over and the stiffness seems crazy. The longer bases, the longer pedaling are bringing a surprising level of stiffness for a 400/420g crank.

I have also added some pictures of the GSL 2014 that are available in black with 4 quick release colors. One set of 2014 quick release is 4.5g lighter than the previous version.
So, for example my customers can buy Gravitas SL 2014 with Corima pads and full titanium bolts for a total of 144g including hardware and pads. 2013 series used to be about 149g.

_________________
http://www.velo-perso.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline
Tinker, Taylor, Tart
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 1739
Location: Sydney, 'straylia
The wear on the teeth of that central axle join looks worrying...


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Gien, France
BikeTart wrote:
The wear on the teeth of that central axle join looks worrying...


Yes, it's my crank that I have installed and ridden on different bikes/cups.

_________________
http://www.velo-perso.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hrca85, Juanmoretime, n8davies, Yahoo [Bot] and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ciamillo Gravitas Brakes

in Road

chlarsen

4

772

Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:45 pm

lannes View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Anyone seen replacement cams for Gravitas SL?

in Road

dem

3

445

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:15 am

dem View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ciamillo Again

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

in Road

jumpman

57

5309

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:09 am

NiFTY View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Ciamillo is Restructuring

[ Go to page: 1 ... 5, 6, 7 ]

in Road

ZeroG

92

4848

Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 am

Tinea Pedis View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Puncture Poll - road, non racing

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

Zoro

26

1276

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 am

Zoro View the latest post


It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB