Best CrankSet and bottom bracket??

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Strike

by Strike

I want to buy the best crankset and bottom brackets for xc-racer... have to be light and very strong... Any sugestion???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by Guest

FSA Carbon pro with a FSA Extreme Pro ti BB ! :D

that's my setup...right now...am planning on some lighter rings and bolts though

knödelhannes

by knödelhannes

tune bigfoot & rf taperlock ti; ta-specialité rings and al-bolts

Bender

by Bender

Try Fly Sports Propeller crankset! Weight with bottom bracket is only 390 grams! Not only is it light but its one of the best looking cranks on the market. http://www.fly-sports.com/products/cranks.html

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Bender wrote:Try Fly Sports Propeller crankset!

Ehm...are you serious? :)
I recommend you to read this thread:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41
Last edited by Florian on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BiBi WET

by BiBi WET

Strike wrote:I want to buy the best crankset and bottom brackets for xc-racer... have to be light and very strong... Any sugestion???

If you want Light AND strong AND stiff, take a look at the XTR 2003 Crankset !!!
If you want to save extra weight, you will have to make compromise on the Strength and Stiffness !

My bike weight 8,9 kg with this crankset and with a 21" M5 frame so it's the proof that this crankset is not too heavy for a very light XC bike !

CactusHead

by CactusHead

I have not used the ISIS BB yet, but from what I read, they have their share of problems with bearing reliability. Square taper BBs are generally lighter than ISIS and to tell you the truth I don't think I can feel any flex in my square taper. The Race Face Carbon Next LP crankset is on sale at several web retailers for $189 US with rings. For my money, Id go with a RF Next with the Phil Wood Ti BB and swap the RF rings for Sugino with AL chainring and crank bolts. You will end up with a very light, stiff and inexpensive setup.

Dave

by Dave

Admin posted a dead link discussing something about the propeller cranks...I want a set too, but is there a problem with them since the link is dead?

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

by Guest

[Hallo,

our TIPP

EXTRALITE E-BONES, weight 358 Gramm!

infos unter

www.cicli-corsa.de

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓