2014 Scott Addict SL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Scott addict SL: One of the most beautiful bikes for 2014 imho
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uniQuk

by uniQuk

53x12 wrote:Such a fine looking frame. I haven't been a big fan of some of Scott's paint schemes in the past, but just love what they did for this.

What did they do? It's just matt black. Like every other matt black frame out there?

addictR1

by addictR1

drool.... riding on my 2011 Addict and seeing this and if the weight is actually true......... OMG... massive drool~

can't wait to see the price on it.

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

I can't wait to see the price on it either. It will make me feel a little better about grabbing my 2011 R1 for a good deal.
(but, yes, I'm wiping drool from my face as I type).

Grill

by Grill

addictR1 wrote:drool.... riding on my 2011 Addict and seeing this and if the weight is actually true......... OMG... massive drool~

can't wait to see the price on it.

Weight should be spot on. The 56 that BikeRadar tested was 1,020g for a 56.
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-scott-addict-sl-14-47451

Aalex

by Aalex

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum

I'm really curious about the weight of the frame only

my old addict stopped at 720 grams in 54. I'm planning to shave some more grams by converting it to bb30, but a totally new frame is in my mind as well..

pics on scale anyone?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The 54 will probably be in the upper 600's... guessing 680's. That's a guess.

This is calculating that the SL frameset for a 56 comes in at 1,020g. A typical 'light weight' fork coming from a major brand is typically in the low 300's. Let's say it's 320g for our purposes here, which leaves us with a 700g frame in 56. On the other hand, Scott could have come out with a ultra-light fork... which is doubtful unless they've recruited THM to do their engineering... but let's say the fork is actually 280g. That means the 56 is 740g, which makes the upgrade for you pretty meaningless.
But back to the 54. It is claimed at "sub 1kg," and Scott has been pretty accurate with their claims. Let's play nice and say it's 999g. 999g - 320g = 679g frame weight. Guessing.

The question, however, is whether the frameset in the linked article included headset bearings, derailleur hanger, etc:. If that is the case, the frame itself could be even lighter (headset bearings ~60g). You would then be looking at a 54 in the low 600's. Which would be exceptional. But we have no idea right now, which is frustrating.

Whoever reviewed the frame was clearly not a proper WeightWeenie: the weights are provided, but a lot of questions were left unanswered and we can only guess from there. They also completely neglected to take a picture of the frameset on a scale despite providing their own detailed shots beyond the Scott-Marketing-Dept-Handouts. This last part is especially frustrating: this sort of frame is somewhat targeted at the type of person who really weighs everything, if you're writing an article that will be read by that market, you should at least put in half-an-ass's worth of effort and take pictures with scale shots. It really isn't that difficult. The writers have a camera. They have a scale. :roll:

EDIT: It really doesn't matter too much though. Scott states two separate frames for mechanical and electronic. The only ultra-light, high-end frame that currently exists which can accommodate all three drivetrain types is the Cervelo RCA. We may have to wait another year before brands update their frames for the 3rd option, just like we had to wait a year after Di2 was first announced/leaked/released and we saw a lot of home-made modifications while people waited for the frame brands to catch up.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

The frame is 720 grams or so and the fork is 270 grams.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So then it isn't that much of a weight difference in the frame compared to the previous Addict?
An owner of a previous Addict can save the money and swap in a THM fork, no?

The grams are saved in aero, apparently.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Aalex

by Aalex

it depends on the paint job. I have about 15 Grams of clear coat on my frame.

Next Winter I will convert the frame to bb30 and then I'm facing to 680 Grams, maybe less. Together with a thm fork I should be able to realize a weight of 900 for the set + headset.

Not that much weight savings with the new one though and for this new tapered standard there isn't a lighter fork anyway so you'd be fixed to the scott fork.

Let's say i can strip the new frame to 600 grams (which is pretty ambitious anyway). Then I'm doomed to this shitty bottom bracket standard and a heavier fork. For me there's no sense to invest another 2,5k grants for this. It would be easier to find another old addict frame and try to rebuild the rear triangle with some lighter seat stays.

speedwobbles

by speedwobbles

how exactly do you plan on converting your old addict to bb30?

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

Not had the hmx-sl version yet, so can't give any real world info, but the 2014 technical manual lists the frame as 720g and the fork as 280g in medium. Hopefully one of our customers will order one soon so I can put it on the scale :) We have had a bunch of the Addict 10 completes with 6800 groupsets, have to say very impressed with both in initial set up and finish.

Aalex

by Aalex

speedwobbles wrote:how exactly do you plan on converting your old addict to bb30?

i will get rid of the aluminium cups and i will make a bb30 shell out of carbon which will be inserted in the frame with glue and some carbon fibre

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I don't know if I missed it, but what type of BB is Scott using?

PF30?
386?

Would love to know. I am considering getting it, as long as I can use a THM BB.

Aalex

by Aalex

as far as i now they use the shimano pf standard

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com