"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

KWalker- I remember that movie and if you go back to some of his Saunier- Duval days, you will see the same thing. I know that when we went to TREK and RETUL positioning, he went higher on his set up and less setback. Google search it, there is an article out there about it.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Had Moreno in big size at great odds.....yesterday :doh:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

HUMP DIESEL wrote:KWalker- I remember that movie and if you go back to some of his Saunier- Duval days, you will see the same thing. I know that when we went to TREK and RETUL positioning, he went higher on his set up and less setback. Google search it, there is an article out there about it.

HUMP

Oh yah, no denying this. Kinda funny how well he did with things so off for so long.

Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Those first two were from the years where he won about everything there was to win in the US. Must not have been too bad, and it does not look like he has a funky leg in those either. I don't think he looks too bad.

HUMP

djconnel

by djconnel

Not criticism, but slightly strange today seeing Cancellara essentially opening a gap on his teammate in the leader's jersey... Horner lost 6 seconds and fell 3 seconds behind Nibali. By bridging the gap between Moreno and the other sprinters, he caused Nibali's time to snap up to Moreno's.

Cancellara had a chance for the stage win and I agree he should have gone for it. But it's an unusual situation, much more easily assessed in quiet hindsight.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I'm not sure that Horner and RSLT SHOULD want the red jersery at this stage in the race.....not saying that he did it on purpose or anything, but I think they thought that Cancellara should go for the stage no matter the outcome on GC. I don't think that RSLT has a chance at holding the Red all the way to the end. Much better for them to let Astana take the responsibility and have Horner try to take it back later.

djconnel

by djconnel

BTW, the clock had ticked two seconds on the Youtube video of the final km between when Moreno crossed and when 3rd place crossed, so this could have been a 1 or 2 second gap that Cancellara bridged. In any case, I agree with you.

KWalker

by KWalker

HUMP DIESEL wrote:Those first two were from the years where he won about everything there was to win in the US. Must not have been too bad, and it does not look like he has a funky leg in those either. I don't think he looks too bad.

HUMP

Way too long, low is questionable. If you go back and watch Pro, he can barely reach his levers while riding normally on the hoods.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Reading the CN interview with Horner he said he got boxed in when the split happened, but is happy to lose the jersey at this early stage so he doens't have to do all the race leader post stage obligations. I'd agree with him there, I hate doing that stuff too, so tiring. :lol:

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Horner said he's happy to give it up in the CN story. Also it's Cancellara's job to try to win a stage and it is Horner's Job to stay in the front and be near Nibali to avoid GC gaps.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

btompkins0112 wrote:I'm not sure that Horner and RSLT SHOULD want the red jersery at this stage in the race ...

Don't think they are in a position where they can be picky about the spoils. Taking the jersey (back) at any later point will be nigh on impossible for them. That's no disrespect for Horner, and if he's going to prove me wrong, more power to him.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

KWalker wrote:
HUMP DIESEL wrote:Those first two were from the years where he won about everything there was to win in the US. Must not have been too bad, and it does not look like he has a funky leg in those either. I don't think he looks too bad.

HUMP

Way too long, low is questionable. If you go back and watch Pro, he can barely reach his levers while riding normally on the hoods.

He does not appear to be that way on the SCOTT.

HUMP

hasbeen

by hasbeen

His current fit is do to a number of injuries and hospital time the last few years. I hear his hospital bills prevent him from affording a good bike fit.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

That's a joke right?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

First part no.
Second part yes.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike