problem with Bernhard B-T-P

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

revpower

by revpower

Hi guys

I'm writting this because i just want to share my problem and i hope this will not happen again in the future to other member.
Somehow at the first week of July, i purchased some items directly to B-T-P, i sent some email to Bernhard, and he responded well to my email. After he told me the cost of the goods, then i sent the money by Paypal to Bernhard paypal account (service@b-t-p.de)
After i sent the money i got no response when i email him, so i decided to make a phone called to him, he responded my called and told me that he need 4 days to make the goods.

After that at July 11 i got an email from Bernhrad, he just told me like this "your goods in on the way"
But when i reply him and asked about the forwarder and the tracking number i never get any response and after that he never take my phone call.

This is the first time that i have a problem like this, before this i have purchase items from fairwheelbikes, hansel composite and ciamillo, but everything is oke although i should wait for Ted ciamilo goods for several month but he always response my phone call.
But i think Bernhard the owner of B-T-P is cheating on me.

I just want to share this and hope there is no other people suffer the same problem with me.

sedluk

by sedluk

Bernhrad has a reputation for a lot of things. Cheating is not one of them.

It can be difficult to get parts from him, I am not sure what he is doing but be prepared to wait for parts if you order any.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

revpower

by revpower

Hi sedluk, i don't have any intention to discredit Bernhard,
I still hope that Bernhard send those items to me, but untill now he do not answering my phone call or replying my email.
If he already sent those items like he said, why the parts hasn't coming arroung till now and why he doesn't want to reply me or take my phone call, i just want to know about the tracking number if he really sent the items.
That's just my opinion.

jjmstang

by jjmstang

revpower wrote:Hi sedluk, i don't have any intention to discredit Bernhard,

You did with this statement "But i think Bernhard the owner of B-T-P is cheating on me."

You will get your parts. Custom parts take a while to produce.
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

If you are stating the truth, you are not discrediting anyone. That is being done by the individual.

Why people can't be upfront with the real timeline and tell you a timeline that would never happen. This is not how I would run a business. Stuff happens and good people understand that. If it is regular business practice to make people feel bad that you cannot deliver your items because of your personal tragedies, then that is just another form of 'cheating'. No worst than me not wanting to pay for something I already received because I have the same type of tragedies.

Don't promise something you cannot deliver and buy for it when you have the money.
Last edited by Butcher on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

53x12

by 53x12

jjmstang wrote:
You did with this statement "But i think Bernhard the owner of B-T-P is cheating on me."

You will get your parts. Custom parts take a while to produce.

The OP was NOT discrediting anyone with his statement. The OP is concerned as he sent payment and has been told items have shipped 6 weeks ago. I could send something from just about any corner of the globe and get it to any other corner of the globe in 3-4 weeks or less. Add the fact that OP has not heard anything from the seller nor any tracking and he has a right to be concerned. If the item was actually shipped, would have been easy for a tracking number to be provided.

My guess is Bernhard has not shipped anything at this point.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

jjmstang

by jjmstang

Or it is stuck in the German postal system like my stuff was for a month

He will get his stuff
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I have made similar comments before regarding commercial disputes. If you are a seller and you fail to deliver goods in a timely manner and fail to inform customers accordingly (whether paid in full or not) than you should expect your reputation to suffer as unhappy customers share their experiences online.

We live in a global era with intense competition and instant, cost free communications. The reality is that people and companies who perform as described above really don't belong in business. the OP did the right thing by sharing his experience so the market can respond appropriately.

At this point Bernhard needs to pick up the phone or perhaps consider a career in food service - I understand they're hiring :P
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

sedluk

by sedluk

You guys can talk about how Bernhard should do this or that, or you will take your money elsewhere. Bernhard has his own way of doing things and always has. I am not saying it is right, but if you want his stuff you play by his rules. He gets away with it because for many of his items there is no, or has in the past been no competition.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Revpower's situation is similar to my last experience with Bernhard at BTP.

Previously, I'd bought a handful of items on multiple occasions from him.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103122

revpower

by revpower

Sedluk: The way that Bernhard treating me is ridicoulous. If he really sent the goods why he doesn't take my phone call or replying my email. I do play by his rules.i'm not pushing him to send the goods ASAP, but he who emailed me and told me that he already sent the goods, but why it hasn't come to me?
That is not how the way to running business, just because he can make some cool items that not make him can do whatever he want.
Just because he can make itmes that have no competition thats not make him can cheat or lying to their customer,maybe if you in my position you will not compalin when your goods does not arrive, but i'm not you, i'm different.

Once again i just share this experience simply just because i dont want any other person to suffer the same thing with me.
Thanks

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i bought a crank from bernhard a while back. he sent it to wrong address, was sent back to him in germany, and then he sent it again to correct address. took a while but i got it (live in USA). bernhard is a stand up guy. he does not cheat. he does take a while though.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I waited almost 3 months for my ceramic bearings to come via free shipping, and meanwhile all my questions to the retailer were ignored. It did arrive eventually though. Perhaps the situation is the same - he might have sent it out and you just need to be patience with it..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com