Felt 2014 AR1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

Too bad we are unworthy to get the new 2014 AR aluminum frame. Now that would have been a great crit bike alternative to the CAAD 10. Need to tell Mr. Felt and Dave to bring the bike here. If it is good enough for Europe, it is good enough for us. Let market decide if it is successful.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

53x12 wrote:Too bad we are unworthy to get the new 2014 AR aluminum frame. Now that would have been a great crit bike alternative to the CAAD 10. Need to tell Mr. Felt and Dave to bring the bike here. If it is good enough for Europe, it is good enough for us. Let market decide if it is successful.

Place your order, I'm sure it would be possible to get one from the UK or ?

Wouldn't you (the collective you that "us" refers to above) prefer to pay ~$500 more and get the AR5 or ~$500 less and get an F75?

-SD

53x12

by 53x12

^ Depends what the bike was for. For crits, I would want an aluminum frame (if I am paying for the frame). If someone else is willing to pay, I'll ride whatever they tell me to ride. I am most interested in a frameset of an AR. So I guess the above question would depend on how much the AR aluminum frame cost compared to the lowest carbon frame (AR1) vs. the highest FRD. Plus what my intended purpose of the frame was.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

euan

by euan

Where are the details about this alu AR in the UK?

BmanX

by BmanX

I know I looked as well and did not see it.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

53x12

by 53x12

I love what Felt has done for the geometry for the new Felt. I think they nailed it. The geometry is perfect for me.

Regarding the alu AR, you'll need to wait for SD to chime in on that. :thumbup:

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

53x12 wrote:^ Depends what the bike was for. For crits, I would want an aluminum frame (if I am paying for the frame). If someone else is willing to pay, I'll ride whatever they tell me to ride. I am most interested in a frameset of an AR. So I guess the above question would depend on how much the AR aluminum frame cost compared to the lowest carbon frame (AR1) vs. the highest FRD. Plus what my intended purpose of the frame was.

Yes, alu is making a small comeback. There will even be an S-Works Allez next year.

euan

by euan

The was one this year too but limited numbers.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

Coming from a Specialized Allez, I am really loving the geometry of the AR! Can't wait for it to be released!

KWalker

by KWalker

What makes Colby's position more superior?

Fabian clearly can't be that drag heavy as he can TT extremely well against many people with similar power outputs.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultyguy

by ultyguy

SuperDave wrote:
Cheers! wrote:I want a AR FRD so bad. How do I convince the wife?

Buy two.

-SD

And this is the reason that every piece of bike kit or clothing I have must be purchased at 50% off...I've gotta buy 2! :-D

ultyguy

by ultyguy

More Alu -AR euro availability please! Sounds like a good fit and good fro for me. Frameset only please?

Sykes

by Sykes

I am curious as to one thing, both in the TDF and more recently the Pro Challenge, why A/S team isn't using the AR more? Even on sprinter stages the guys use the F over AR. I have no reason to doubt SuperDave's info, and I'm sure there is a good reason, but I keep asking myself why the pros don't use the AR. This is especially curious because everything we have been told about the AR says that it has bridged the compromise between aero and traditional road frames.

This isn't just an A/S team choice though, I did not see any S5s on the Pro Challenge, but since we have Dave's ear maybe he could enlighten us.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

You're assuming the AR is available to the AS team.

Very frequently only a short pre-production / proofing run are made and even then, they're raced and returned for evaluation and breakdown.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

+1
Just ride ..