Alloy frames: Anything new AND LIGHT from OEM manufacturers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LouisN

by LouisN

....Very close ? Certainly not a Falco then, because it's listed at $895. wich is in the ballpark of the Allez E5 OSBB or the CAAD10 ;) ...

Louis :)

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Holy price hike! I was looking at the Falco site maybe a month ago, and the price of the aluminum frame and fork was like $495 or $595... and the low priced Ti frame was definitely <$900.
formerly rruff...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phlip

by phlip

Have you seen the Giant TCR SLR? Complete bike with Ultegra 6800 and Giant wheels supposedly weighs 7.6 kg. http://www.cyclowired.jp/?q=node/110727

I understand it's a new model for 2014. Strangely, the US Giant website shows a different, less appealing frame (and without internal wiring) . And the international website does not seem to be updated for 2014 yet.

elviento

by elviento

It also says "ONLINE PRICE -- CONTACT US". LOL. BTW, did you mean $400 including a full carbon tapered fork? That'd be a bit tough.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

tokyoturtle wrote:I just got my Selene frame last week. Will be a multi-month project on the build, so not ridden it. You saying the ride is horribly harsh?

Harsh ride is likely due to the full aluminum WCS cockpit and post I have on it... that setup would make any ride harsh. No worries - you have a great frame... much better than the Carrara that I spend most of my time on.

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Falco frame looks sweet... may be a consideration to replace the Carrara if the price is right...

F45

by F45

phlip wrote:Have you seen the Giant TCR SLR? Complete bike with Ultegra 6800 and Giant wheels supposedly weighs 7.6 kg. http://www.cyclowired.jp/?q=node/110727" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh mah gawd that is a sweet looking bike. I love that new Ultegra. In fact, I just now ordered a full 6800 group - it's all your fault. :P

Calpol

by Calpol

This is on my list . Looks a good challenge to the ubiquitous Caad 10 and maybe even the Canyon ultimate AL.
http://www.kinesisbikes.co.uk/products/racelight/aithein

Claimed weight of 56 =1200g

User Name

by User Name

Hmm, not bad. I like the black one.

Recommended retail: $1014 USD/650 pounds

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Quick question:

Would you consider a 1300g aluminum frame, 7005 T6, a good weight? (size 53)

(not a CAAD10, and not interested in one at the moment, looking at something else)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

User Name

by User Name

Yep, I do.
While you could obviously get lighter, that's a decent weight, and it'd be tricky to find anything "significantly" lighter

Oswald

by Oswald

CarpetFibre wrote:Louis, I don't know if this is really what you're looking for but look out on ebay for old Giant TCR aluminium frames. I recently built up a 52cm one for my Dad and I could hardly believe the weight. It was under 1100g including all the hangers and a headset. Fork wasn't that light though, ~400g if I remember rightly. It cost £80.

I have a 2001 TCR and it's both light AND bombproof. It's a bit harsh though... I bought a BMC GF01 for a bit more comfort and I'm using the TCR as a winter training bike now.