My 2013 Cannondale Evo HIMOD

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jezzaj88

by jezzaj88

ASV inspired by reading your posts I have went out and got myself an identical bike, with same cages, also in a 56cm.
LOVE IT!! set a massive PB already on strava up this climb i have done for years, and the ride comfort is fantastic coming from a Cervelo S5, not to mention the handling.

It is unbelievable, exactly as per your review. I plan on ordering a stages power meter when they come in - do you know what is the exact difference between the SI SL crank arm they provide and the SI SL 2?
Other differences I have are Dura ace pedals (thought 50g penalty for shimano throughout, and less noise apparently), and have kept the standard seat/bars/stem even though I planned to enve them out but found the FSA stuff was lighter?!

Have a carbon railed fizik saddle coming and thinking of getting enve classic 25 tubulars (1048g!) although i am very impressed with the Ksyrium SLRs so far, and with my enve 6.7s i have most terrain covered, except the weight weenie terrain!

Last thought was switching out lighter brakes but i love the dura ace performance...

Anyway without saddle bag/lights etc with stock wheels I could only get to 6.7kgs which is a good 0.35kg heavier than yours, wonder where that weight saving comes from?

have split you post and started your own thread. Hijacking someone else's Intro thread with your new bike isn't the way to roll ;)
Attachments
yolo.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toride

by toride

I love this Evo, not seen this color before,cool

From the thumb nail pic it looks like you've a massive saddle bag on !! ballast maybe

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Or just a well timed shot? (you'll find it's a cushion in the background)

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Ha!

Nice ride, what's your set up? Saddle height, reach, drop? Thx!

limba

by limba

Nice.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Looks great. Well done. :thumbup:

What seatpost is that. It dosen't look like FSA?

simnorm

by simnorm

yeah, what seatpost is that?
Also, how easy is it to tighten up that front bolt from underneath the saddle?

asv

by asv

jezzaj88 wrote:ASV inspired by reading your posts I have went out and got myself an identical bike, with same cages, also in a 56cm.
LOVE IT!!
have split you post and started your own thread. Hijacking someone else's Intro thread with your new bike isn't the way to roll ;)

Jezzaj88, that's a great looking bike! I really like the Enve 6.7's on there. I was torn between the 3.4 and the 6.7 but I decided to stick with the 3.4.

My 14lb bike config was with an enve post, enve bars, and enve stem. The bars are narrower than what comes stock with the 56cm cannondale. I also use a very thin bartape and I believe the bike was weighed with Veloflex tires on there which are definitely lighter than the stock mavic tires.

I don't know the exact differences between the SISL 1 and SISL2 crank arms, but you will definitely want to get the SISL2 since that's what is on your bike.

Enjoy the ride!

jezzaj88

by jezzaj88

Hey guys - it is the stock K-force FSA seatpost. I think I will keep it all FSA and consistent for now (until Enve Envy is unbearable and I will be a carbon copy of ASV!)
I have bought some black vinyl so will 'murder out' the white paint on the FSA parts, and maybe even some of the red (fork and chain stays) as i prefer a stealthier look.

ASV - I was close to getting the enve 3.4s too but figure I'm a bigger rider (83kgs) and love the deep look. Having said that there has probably only been one occasion where i wish i had more shallow rims (descending on a windy day). I think its a case of wanting what you don't have, if i had the 3.4 i'd want 6.7 and vice versa. can't go wrong either way!

The reason I asked about SISL is i noticed the Stages arm comes with the SI crank now the SL2, wondering how big if any the difference was. Might still pull the trigger on vector even though i just bought DA pedals as the LBS promises me before end of August!!

jezzaj88

by jezzaj88

ASV Also the reason I mentioned Enve is my research showed that the FSA components were lighter for the stem, bars and seapost than the enve equiv?

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Dude, this is great! Kind of making me regret not going hi-mod..lol.

As for the differences in SiSL and SiSL 2 for obvious reasons the SiSL2's are lighter and proclaimed "stiffer". The SiSL2's use a longer spindle (109), and after I installed mine I realized that they are a bit asymmetric in comparison to the SiSL.

May I ask why you chose stages PM? I'm taking a leap and guessing it's to keep the SpideRings?
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

jezzaj88

by jezzaj88

hi mate, yes i was considering garmin vector but i just bought DA pedals with the bike and yes i want to keep the spider rings they look so good and feel great!

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

vector pedals and a new seatpost thats not white. :D
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

jezzaj88

by jezzaj88

Agreed the white was shocking so got my hands on some Black Vinyl and "murdered" out the seatpost and stem white paint and left the red. What do you think?

Also ordered Garmin Vector which is due to arrive in next 2 weeks, will most likely also "murder" out the silver pods.
Attachments
smaller.jpg
smaller.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ipdamages

by ipdamages

Nice. I think my next frame will be a HiMod. And I agree those wheels look sharp.