Assos confusion/advice!?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KOGAN

by KOGAN

Hi

I am looking at a pair of Assos Airblock tights and a pair of Assos Airblock 851 tights, other than the price, whats the difference!?

Which do people prefer!?

I am quite confused with a lot of the Assos models tbh! Are they all basically the same or is it worth spending the extra?

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KOGAN

by KOGAN

nope...neither have chamois!

still perplexed!?

jipperd

by jipperd

Please be more precise about the products numbers. Which Airblock Tight do you mean, for your information the Airblock Tight 851 is discontinued for quite some time already.

tuba

by tuba

i have the 851 and i think they are basically the same but the 851 has the updated (dimpled) type of wind blocking fabric?

i have both 851 and airprotec tights but have been using the Assos tK.607_S5 Bib Knicker down to 35° F.

if you are set on tights i would consider the tights w/ chamois unless you ride in extremely cold conditions
having to wear bib shorts under thicker bib tights to me feels bulky and a little confining

KOGAN

by KOGAN

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I think the titanium ones are about 3 years older than the 851s..
The 851 has a windproof panel (same used on the airblock/ airjack jacket) on the front of the thighs and knees, dont think the older ones do.

Ive got a pair of the 851s and i've used them about 20 times in over 5 years; they're a bit overkill for the UK. They're fairly restrictive.

IIRC they also did one of the 851s with less windblock.
Available with or without chamois...
Official cafe stop tester

KOGAN

by KOGAN

jekyll man wrote:I think the titanium ones are about 3 years older than the 851s..
The 851 has a windproof panel (same used on the airblock/ airjack jacket) on the front of the thighs and knees, dont think the older ones do.

Ive got a pair of the 851s and i've used them about 20 times in over 5 years; they're a bit overkill for the UK. They're fairly restrictive.

IIRC they also did one of the 851s with less windblock.
Available with or without chamois...

Thanks, if last winter was anything to go by the 851's might be just what i need!

Now need to decide which to go for :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RM27

by RM27

The factory outlet link posted above has a lot of options and decent pricing. I am thinking the 851 or the Winter S5's. I've used the RX LL for the past two seasons and they were pretty good down to just about freezing.