WW community, don't deal with 'blackthunder' for any sales

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

Has anyone delt with H&S Bike-Discount GmbH in Bonn/'blackthunder' here on WW? 2 months ago I sold something to him. Received some of the payment with remainder to be sent once he received the item. That was 2 months ago. It has been over a month since I last heard from him. No reply to emails. No reply to pm's. At this point I am starting to think the remainder of the money owed to me is going to be a loss. Anyone know blackthunder or dealt with him in the past?
Last edited by 53x12 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

bura

by bura

So this is a well known bike-shop which doesn't pay?
Did you send the merchandise to a person / may be a employee there or to the owners of the GmbH which is a Ltd. company in English?
Which mail address have you used? Some of these here? http://www.bike-discount.de/inhalt/contact.html
Did you phone? Is it worth to phone?

If nothing helps and it is dead calm in the end you still have the chance to send your case to the Chamber of Commerce for that region.
No matter if it is a private sale or not.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Thanks bura for your post. I sent it to the following address to 'blackthunder' in his real name. I don't know if be is the owner of that particular shop, but more likely is just an employee. I do not know for sure.

H&S Bike-Discount GmbH
Auf dem Kirchbüchel 6
53127 Bonn
Germany

I have not tried calling yet as I believed this would have been sorted out already. Maybe I do need to make a phone call as time has gone on too long and been adequate for buyer to get back in touch. Never had something like this happen to me on WW before.

Thank you for your advice regarding the Chamber of Commerce for the region. I hope it doesn't end up going that far.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

bura

by bura

No problem mate.
Think if you could be sure that it is a employee you should try to catch his boss on the phone to make him clear that "blackthunder" is using his business and address to cheat other people.
And as you say as last choice the CoCommerce if it is the boss himself.They won't get involved if it is only a employee.

BTW I had some trouble makers (business)from Denmark out of some Export business who owed me about 1900 Euro and did not wanted to pay.
I tried everything before threatening them to get the case to their CoCommerce, my countries Ex and Importers Association plus the Commercial Attache of their Consulate here.
Have received my money within two days.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

boysa

by boysa

I've ordered stuff from that shop before, several times in fact, and they've been a pleasure to deal with. Great prices/quick shipping to the US. I'd pick up the phone and call because it seems really odd someone is having stuff sent TO them.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

ianeire

by ianeire

I have bought many, many items from Bike-Discount without any problem whatsoever. Shipping from Germany to Ireland has always been very prompt. It's probably worth your while making that call.

53x12

by 53x12

Well WW community, after 7 years on on here without a problem at all with any transactions, I am sad to say I have been taken. I will advise this community to stay away from 'blackthunder' as he still owes me money for a wheelset he bought from me, hasn't replied to any email or pm from me in weeks even though he has been active in that time, hasn't responded to a Paypal invoice. Nothing. It sucks, partly because I remember when we were able to send a check to the seller first and know that they would ship the item after the funds clear. Sucks that it isn't like that any longer. I know I'm not the first that this has happened to on here, but thought I needed to warn you guys about this member. Even if he has been a member on here for a long time. Hopefully he will step up and do what is right. But I'm not counting on that. C'est la vie. Fool me once, shame on you...

Tl;dr: Don't deal with 'blackthunder' unless you want to deal with getting scammed and having him use his job as a front to get the item shipped to.

austke

by austke

Upon hearing that one of their employees is a (shady character)?
I would think that the business mentioned above may very well let this person go.
If they are to be known to be good in their business practice, one would think they would not like to have an association with somebody who does unlawful business.
A phone call may be very fruitful in this regard especially when goods are being forwarded to their address?
Must admit I know nothing about the various laws in different countries. Just some thoughts. :)
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

savechief

by savechief

Have you called them yet?
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

53x12

by 53x12

Yes I have called a few times but never got to anyone. Went through the phone menu system, only to. E left waiting and then the connection going dead after several minutes of waiting. But you remind me I need to try again or see if I can get the email for the shop/manager. Just with my job + time difference it gives a very small time window. I will try again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

What a punk, can't believe blackthunder won't even deal with this issue as a man. Just ignores pm messages even though I know he received them and opened them up. Punk. I think I might actually have to stop by his place of work the next time I am over in Germany for business. Not cool.