Kuota 2014

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillRPete

by HillRPete

No KOM Air, or unchanged?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Still lovin my AG2R Team KOM .... however the new ones look sensational !!!!
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Kom Air is unchanged

plpete

by plpete

I don't think the BB/downtube junction is big enough :lol: They are absolutely huge!

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I like the K Factor. Really wanting to build up a aero road bike I can throw some clip on aero bars for sprint tris.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Cheers Bruno. Looks like the 2014 KOM is giving a slight nod to the aero trend. Subtly enough, though!

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Dig the frames. Not digging the color schemes.

eurperg

by eurperg

Disappointed by the new logotype. It looks soooo plain and generic. Combined with lackluster graphics, the frames look like they're not Kuotas at all, but just some makeshift brand name examples coming from a Chinese carbon frame factory... Where did their identity go? :noidea:

redhed18

by redhed18

eurperg wrote:Disappointed by the new logotype. It looks soooo plain and generic.

I agree with not being overly impressed, but... their original logotype was not exactly amazing either?

the thin one, with the long shallow arms off the K
it had a very rounded U and O, and where they used an E on the Kebel it was very rounded like a Euro symbol

The new one has that twist or cut off the bottom of the K, and the U and O are very squared off internally.
Maybe it does better at the "What kind of bike is he riding" drive-by test!

Mostly it is the seemingly bulbous headtubes that put me off some of those models...
The Kurraro seems the least affected by this, mind you it is closest to the one we have (Kebel) so maybe I'm biased. :)

I think Kuota have always struggled with identity, at least as represented to consumer.
Good value bikes though.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Yeah the curved top tube "trend" is getting a bit stale these days. The Kebel was nicely differentiated in that regard. Agreed about the logotype, and more generally the design. At least the KOM and -Air are still plain and simple race bikes.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

eurperg wrote:Disappointed by the new logotype. It looks soooo plain and generic. Combined with lackluster graphics, the frames look like they're not Kuotas at all, but just some makeshift brand name examples coming from a Chinese carbon frame factory... Where did their identity go? :noidea:

:lol: Work hard a few years then sit back and relax, hands firmly on the till....

Gone are the Italian graciously styled frames that distinguished the company from the bulk, gone is the driving spirit I'am afraid.
Cycling is Coco avant Chanel, isn't it? :lol:

Cheers, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Wondering when they will hit Australia ? And who the distributor will be ??
I love the dark frame on the KOM :beerchug: strung up with Campag SR 11 and Shamal's hmmmm
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

kgt

by kgt

Me don't like neither the new Kom nor the new fonts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eurperg

by eurperg

redhed18 wrote:
eurperg wrote:Disappointed by the new logotype. It looks soooo plain and generic.

I agree with not being overly impressed, but... their original logotype was not exactly amazing either?

the thin one, with the long shallow arms off the K
it had a very rounded U and O, and where they used an E on the Kebel it was very rounded like a Euro symbol

The previous logotype was actually pretty good, because if you change the word but keep the font, you would still recognize it. "oh, that's the Kuota font"

Just like Bookman Old Style is not the best choice for sports equipment, but it's something Colnago is associated with. Or if you change CANYON to BACON, it still looks like CANYON as long as you keep the font.

They could have updated the logotype, keeping the continuum and association. Now they just threw their visual legacy out of the window...