2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

I forgot to tell in the survey, H and I am out. :lol:
Last edited by PSM on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thanks for letting us know.
By H you are referring to another person or another username on WW?

At the moment, taking into consideration the leading design, subtracting the 'deal-breaker' count, we're already in a very high quantity level so I think we'll be ok. You (and anyone) can order regardless of where you stood when you took the survey.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Prend - when will you be in a position to share the current rankings?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

For vendors, they've been wanting to know what they would potentially be looking at. In conversations with them I've shared the lead design or the top two, so they have an idea about what's ahead for the potential project.

In all other conversations, I'm intending to keep it neutral until the survey is closed. I hope this allows for as much fairness as possible.

PSM

by PSM

prendrefeu wrote:Thanks for letting us know.
By H you are referring to another person or another username on WW?

At the moment, taking into consideration the leading design, subtracting the 'deal-breaker' count, we're already in a very high quantity level so I think we'll be ok. You (and anyone) can order regardless of where you stood when you took the survey.

No I am not. That's what I am telling you. Shall I make Another survey?

PSM

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No, I think I got it. Sorry, it's been a busy morning over here and I'm trying to get my head oriented between this and two completely different conversations with the same client this morning. I may need some coffee. :lol:

I sent you a PM.

PSM

by PSM

Me too. :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

... and drumroll... the survey is completed, here are the results (and what they mean).

72 people participated in the survey, thank you!

The Design: Design J won the survey with an average score of 1.57
I won't go into how the others played out (but if you really want to know, send me a PM and I'll send you a screenshot from surveymonkey), but the 4 designs ranked like this:
1.57 / 2.36 / 2.75 / 3.32

According to the "deal breaker" question, 5 persons stated that they would not order if Design J won.
Checking in with those 5 persons and their potential order quantities, we lost a few count of jersey, bib and arm-warmer orders (5, 4, 2 respectively).

However - after subtracting those losses - here are the potential order quantities we're looking at, which includes a few people who intend to order multiple quantities:
72 short sleeve jerseys
65 bibs/shorts
21 pair of armwarmers

This is really great news! It puts us into some potentially nice pricing categories.

-----------

Vendor potentials:
-At the moment we are down to three potential vendors, while I'm still awaiting confirmation on the capabilities of a 4th).
The three current potential vendors are: Jakroo (jakroo.com), Mt. Borah (mtborah.com) and JLVelo (jlvelo.com)

All three have been extensively researched. I've interviewed teams and people who have used these kits every day, all season long, and inquired about their build quality, service and so forth. They're all flying high in those remarks! That said, I also inquired a bit with some questions that came through via fellow WW about women's options, accessories, features, and more. Through this, I am leaning heavily towards Jakroo at this time... While all three vendors have been impeccably responsive, friendly, and helpful, the distancing as they came closer to the finish line came through in the detail:

With Jakroo -
-No extra costs for women's variations (they're included in the same model quantity)
-Extra security pocket on the jersey (why not?)
-Subtle Reflective detailing (might as well throw a little safety in there)
-Extensive sizing charts that detail the dimensions for the products including variations (club cut vs. racer cut)
-Quantity pricing is really great: Since we're topping over 50, any product now goes into the '50' quantity level. This include arm warmers, skinsuits, whatever. They're all priced at the 50+ level.
-Store can be left open for 21 days, which covers our traveling WW and other potential issues. They take Paypal.
-Flatlock stitching throughout
-4 week turnaround on production.
-You will pay directly to Jakroo and they will ship to you directly (international too!)

So that said, we're potentially looking at these prices (and hoping that at least 50 people, if not more, follow through on their intent to order)
Tour level Jersey - $74USD
Velo Pro Bib Shorts - $92.00USD
Arm Warmers - $23USD summer / $28USD winter(thermal)
These are approximate prices, I'll have final prices soon.

And speaking to the rep, I believe there is a potential to add a few more products if anyone wants them but I want to check in about this to be sure.
These could be:
-Skinsuit
-Vest
-???

Again, I need to check in on these one more time just to be sure.

The store opening will be announced before it actually opens. This will give everyone enough advanced notice to be aware of the opportunity to order.

Finally, once the store is opened - ANYONE can order. This means whether you're an active member here or just lurking, whether you've for some reason had a change of heart and want Design J, or whatever.

So right now, please sit tight while the vendor is officially selected, design and store opened, etc:.

Any more questions?
If you're posting in the thread, keep it nice.
If you believe it would be better to ask or state an opinion directly so we can avoid thread deraillment, please send a PM. I'm fairly responsive (usually within 24hr).

---
The first post will be updated with relevant information.
Last edited by prendrefeu on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks prend - you're doing a superb job.

PSM

by PSM

Weeho! Talk about a unique garment! :)

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

This is awesome! My only concern was (aside from Design H winning) I'll be away next week and now that won't be a problem at all. With that kind of pricing, I might be in for a pair of arm warmers as well!

Thanks prend!
Speedplay is the devil!

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Good work prend. Looking forward to ordering my kit when the "shop" is up and running.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

53x12

by 53x12

Awesome. Thanks Prend. Job well done. Jakroo sounds good to me. Any idea on time frame from store close to order shipment.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

sawyer

by sawyer

I'm in for the trio.

Great job on this. :beerchug:
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jordo99

by jordo99

Thanks for putting in all the hard work. I'd said that I was in for a jersey and bibs but I might pick up some arm warmers as well; I might even end up buying a 2nd kit depending on the total price.

I woudn't be interested in a skinsuit or shoe cover but I'd pick up some socks or a cap/bandana if they matched the WW kit; maybe gloves too...regardless my main interst lies with the jersey/shorts.