Pinarello Dogma 2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mattharrop

by mattharrop

My new ride. I've been on a Cervelo S3 for nearly 4 years and it was time for a change of scene. Moved all parts over to the Dogma, so it's a bit of a parts mash up but I think it comes together pretty well. Really happy with the bike, quite a difference to the S3 - much stiffer in the front end especially, a lovely balanced ride. Feels as muscular as it looks.

Frame: 55cm Pinarello Dogma 2 in 614 POS Bianco (I'm 186cm/6 ft 1 for those interested in Dogma frame sizing)
Group: SRAM Force
Bar: Easton EA70 Aero
Stem: Most Talon, white 110mm
Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLR
Tyres: Veloflex Corsa
Skewers: Mavic
Saddle: Specialized Romin 143mm, white
Pedals: Shimano 105
Cages: Arundel Mandible

Second shot is at the top of Paekakariki Hill north of Wellington, New Zealand.
Attachments
rsz_pinarello_dogma_2.jpg
rsz_paekak_hill.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sjc166

by sjc166

Ka Pie

PSM

by PSM

mattharrop wrote:My new ride. I've been on a Cervelo S3 for nearly 4 years and it was time for a change of scene. Moved all parts over to the Dogma, so it's a bit of a parts mash up but I think it comes together pretty well. Really happy with the bike, quite a difference to the S3 - much stiffer in the front end especially, a lovely balanced ride. Feels as muscular as it looks.

Second shot is at the top of Paekakariki Hill north of Wellington, New Zealand.

Nice!

Btw, you have winter now? How many degrees Celsius? Thinking of what you are wearing... :o

In stockholm we have summer. +13,5 C this morning. I had T-shirt and shorts while commuting 5,5 km. I am a Viking! 8)

thencameyou

by thencameyou

bars/gruppo?

no objection to shimano on a Dogma (seems to work for Sky...) but ergo bars and SRAM?

Frame is nice though...

mattharrop

by mattharrop

Agreed, SRAM and ergo bars is not ideal on this frame. Will look at DA9000 and some Deda bars once I'm riding the bike more often - next goal is Hawaii Ironman in October.

Meech

by Meech

Very VERY nice bike !!!! :) :) :)

Hope you're enjoying it!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Sharp lookin' bike. And nice vista too.
Merry Christmas to you! Just realized it was back in August when you first posted this. Merry Christmas anyway :)
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

michel2

by michel2

That looks like a nice climb in the background to !(; enjoy the new machine

mattharrop

by mattharrop

michel2 wrote:That looks like a nice climb in the background to !(; enjoy the new machine

It is indeed a nice climb, it's this one: http://www.strava.com/segments/paekakar ... ide-634244

Unfortunately I've been laid up since October 12 with a broken third metatarsal in my right foot. Fractured during the Ironman World Champs in Hawaii. Can't wait to get back out on my bike but it's going to be a long road to full recovery.

CBJ

by CBJ

How did you break your foot during an Ironman?

Nice bike and even better view!

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Great bike but how is it possible that you can fit on a CC55 Dogma frameset with your 6"1 body?
Do you use a 140mm stem or are as flexible as a snake :- )
I am 6"1 and I need a CC57.5 with 120mm stem and I am pretty flexible for a cyclist but I don't have a six pack anymore :-)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

mattharrop

by mattharrop

Remember a nominal size 55cm Dogma2 has a 55.7cm top tube.

Compared with the 56cm Cervelo S3 I was using before (Dogma2 top row, Cervelo bottom row) the geo is as follows:

Stack Reach TT HT
56.1 38.9 55.7 15.8
56.0 39.4 56.5 160

The differences are pretty slight and I've adjusted for the shorter reach by using a 110mm stem on the Dogma whereas I was using a 100mm stem on the Cervelo S3.

I have very long legs and a short torso for my height so the 55 is a good fit.

Re how I broke my foot during an Ironman, I'm still a bit unsure how it happened - the theory is that a stress weakness that I was unaware of broke halfway through the marathon. I then ran the rest with it broken... Still in a moonboot now as the healing is not happening at all so far. I did a radio interview about it, listen here: http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/progr ... roken-foot

mattharrop

by mattharrop

I'm looking to get a low profile set of wheels for everyday training. I'm trying to decide between Ksyrium SLS and Ksyrium SLR - worth the upgrade to Ksyrium SLR for the Exalith braking and maybe some more compliance in the rear wheel with the Carbon spoke?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearman

by bearman

mattharrop wrote:I'm looking to get a low profile set of wheels for everyday training. I'm trying to decide between Ksyrium SLS and Ksyrium SLR - worth the upgrade to Ksyrium SLR for the Exalith braking and maybe some more compliance in the rear wheel with the Carbon spoke?

I've got a set of the the Cosmics SLRs and I have to say that they are really very good, breaking is brilliant even on decents with complex sections. They're are fail safe. The only thing is that they're not very light at 2kg+.

Yours will be much lighter and role fantastically, For me the exalith coating is extremly hard wearing, looks great and makes a cool sound when breaking. You won't regret it!