Spiuk 15RC shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

The sizing is exactly the same.. The wires feel more comfortable in the way the lacing system distributes pressure very evenly across the whole foot..

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Most frustrating shoe buying experience ever. After getting a pair in the wrong size (which took nearly a month) I've been waiting for stock of the correct size (43). Finally, over 2 months later I got notification yesterday that the right ones have shipped, so hopefully just a few more days to wait. I actually came pretty close to cancelling the order last week . From original order to first ride is probably going to be almost 4 months. Hopefully I'll get a couple of decent rides in before I head off on holiday for a month in a few weeks time.
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hopefully they fit, Tugboat!

I wrote to Spiuk asking some specific questions about their dimensions, basing the sizing off of the insole dimensions. After a week apparently the e-mail ended up with a nice, communicative guy who works the distribution through the UK, and he provided the information (which is below). Since the dimensions came out a bit on the narrow side, I asked if there are any plans for Spiuk to produce wide versions of their shoes. The gentleman in the UK said he would inquire with the head company, but has not heard of any plans at this time.

Size 42 - insole Width/Length (mm) is 90/266
Size 43 - insole Width/Length (mm) is 92/271

The measurements were taken by measuring several pairs, so it should be verifiable.

It would be nice to see manufacturers of sport-specific shoes providing their insole dimensions to help determine where on the sizing range their size actually ends up.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Talking to the sales rep on Wiggle , she told me that fitting was on par with sidi.
In the end I went with a pair of S Works.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Biff

by Biff

MarkGiardini wrote:Talking to the sales rep on Wiggle , she told me that fitting was on par with sidi.

Also the feeling i get from looking at the size charts available.The size 43 RC15´s i have are pretty much the same size as the Sidi´s i used before maybe + 1-2mm in length.They really are great shoes compared to the Price paid for them.Only complain i have is that they seem to "Tweek" my grey Keo clamps a bit in the position i have them in.

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Well mine arrived today. Only got so far as to unboxing and weighing and a quick check of the fit which seems fine as far as a cursory check goes (I've come from Northwave Aerators).

spiuk RC15-2 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

Each weighed in with at 235gm (size 43) with the summer insoles and 237gm with the winter insoles. I was really quite surprised at the consistent weights.

spiuk RC15-1 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

My first impression is that the finishing and construction is of a pretty high standard. I've seen a few other comments criticizing the quality, but straight out of the box I can't see anything to substantiate that. Maybe they've improved their quality controls. We'll see after a few rides.

spiuk RC15-4 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

Tomorrow I'll probably run them through the oven for the thermo moulding and get the cleats mounted. I'm running Keo's so hopefully I don't encounter the tweeking issues that Biff has mentioned he's had with his. And then a good ride in them on Saturday if the weather plays ball.
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

damitamit

by damitamit

They look nice!

Let us know how the molding goes. Looking at the marketing literature, Im guessing the upper is moldable, not the sole (but I'm not quite certain)?

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Report from a couple of weeks and a couple of hundred kilometres in them. In summary I really like them.

- they're comfortable. I don't have the widest feet so no problems at all with the sizing (43).

- the heat moulding wasn't entirely necessary for me as the fit was ok straight out of the box. The process though was really simple - heat up the oven to 65 degrees, put the shoes in for a few minutes and then put them on while still warm for a few minutes more. I probably gained a little bit more room across the top of the foot.

- the only niggle I've found is that there is a little bit more flex than my old Northwave Aerators. I'm heavy and I do notice it when climbing out of the saddle. Maybe a lighter rider wouldn't... who knows. Not enough of an issue given how comfortable they are all around.

- oh and they are light and have maximum bling factor. That's the most important feature!!

takarau gorge loop-1 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

takarau gorge loop-8 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

takarau gorge loop-12 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

applebaconator

by applebaconator

Is the heel replaceable?

Voye

by Voye

Are those legs shaveable? :)

Shoes look great. Very tempted.

Tugboat

by Tugboat

I don't think the heel is replaceable. Not 100% sure though. My logic is once something like that wears out it's pretty much time for new shoes.

The legs are shaveable... the hassle to kilometres ridden ratio these days means it just doesn't happen anymore. :D

Rokkala

by Rokkala

Got a pair of these a few months ago as well and have been using them regularly.

Good quality, tightening system allows for a lot of adjustment and variation between forefoot and the top. I've got quite wide feet and haven't had an issue with them either. Wouldn't say the moulding was a revelation, they already fit pretty well out of the box, but after putting in the oven they have given me a bit more width too. Not had any issues with feeling flex like Tugboat seemed to.

Heel and toe pads are not replaceable. The shoes are extremely easy to clean.

For anybody wondering about size, I'm a size 10(UK) and ended up a 46 in these. I'm a 45.5 in Giro Factor, 45 in Fizik R1(2012) and 45 in Northwave Evolution SBS.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Where are people ordering these from? Obviously not available in the states yet, but I'm sure I can do some online shopping.
Instagram @seanblurr

mentok

by mentok

wiggle

quite reasonably priced too