2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I have heard and seen, first hand, otherwise.

The primary concerns are with logistics capabilities and quality vs. price.
Again, I'll look into them and thank you for the recommendation. It is not necessary to get into an argument over this.
I have also received a few other recommendations via PM by people who respectfully did not want to derail the thread, and I will be looking into those as well.

Thank you.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KWalker

by KWalker

How is discussing manufacturers in a thread about kits derailing the thread? Might as well put things in the open.

And BTW, much of the negative feedback comes from the Primal team.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Because vendor debate derailed the last thread, along with design debate. It killed order quantity in an already disorganized thread.

Speaking of which, I'm not going to debate you on the vendors. I can find negative feedback from any vendor, especially on the internet. I do, however, seek my feedback first-hand or through direct interviews with people who wear a vendor's garments in 2013. If you have read this thread at all, decisions are not being made in a vacuum, many things are taken into consideration, I'm doing my due diligence and research before offering choices to those that have expressed support in making the group order happen.

At the moment, looking at the live results from the survey, you haven't even taken a vote nor expressed interest in purchasing one.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Done. Submitted my preferences in the survey. Very happy with the organisation. I gave up on the last order due to the confusion. Excited about this one.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Survey complete. Thanks for organizing this. I bought the last time around. I think it was Louis Garneau... Being that we are all snobs here, I don't think prendrefeu will let anything but the best vendor be chosen.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I did the survey yesterday. Very well done....clean and simple.

Thanks prend. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

willy

by willy

thanks for your imput, time, efforts and energy spent in this Prend...count me in, knowing you, i have full confidence that end results will be superb.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thank you guys, I appreciate the comments!

As for the survey, so far things are shaping up. More interestingly, the numbers! So far we're at 41 jerseys, 38 bibs and 14 pair armwarmers (that includes the subtraction of those that have a deal-breaker with the current leading design option). The list of countries is also super helpful for the potential vendor so we can get some shipping cost estimates as well. If there are any more that haven't taken the survey yet, please do! More numbers = potentially better price breaks.

For the progress with vendors, thank you to those that have given their ideas and experiences via PM, everything is being taken into consideration. Once the numbers are settled, I'll narrow the vendors down to the two that are very close in the quality/price race and we can discuss from there. In the meantime, I am still doing research on our options over morning coffee/breaks from work.

:beerchug:

michel2

by michel2

thanks prend for putting all this effort in, it all looks very nice !!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes, awesome job Prend! Nothing but appreciation here for the job you've done this far. Really excited about the outcome this time!

The one question we haven't asked is, what is the weight difference between the vendor options???!

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Thanks for putting this all together! Did the survey and submitted my personal picks :D Can't wait to see how this pans out as I'm in need of a new kit after destroyed a set this past week in a crash :(
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

53x12

by 53x12

Prend, great job on the survey. Very easy to do and didn't take but a minute. Thank you for taking the time to do this.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

djconnel

by djconnel

Nice work! I like all of the designs. And the survey is very well done.

Sorry for the confusion on my design. The one you posted is the last one I did. So all is good.

trychle

by trychle

EDIT: I'm not allowed to influence you guys. Please delete this post. :back2topic:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

OK, I stepped in an cleaned up the thread. Please re-read the process that prend has transparently shared with all. Play by these rules, or simply don't participate. No one is forcing you to buy the kit.

Considerate comments are always welcome in all topics on WWs. Let us keep things on track. Thank you.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com