Parlee Z-Zero :: ISP, Di2, and *Really* Red - now 6.31 kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Hurry up already! I love kandy apple red. I'm really looking forward to pictures of this build.
Colnago e Campagnolo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kfreytag

by kfreytag

Sorry it's been a slim week for posting. Been waiting on some parts and experimenting with setup.

Here's a terrible pic of the front-end in "semi-slammed" configuration, which gives me the drop I need:

Life's too short to ride clinchers.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Such a tease! But do not post a full pic until that steerer is cut.....resist the urge to prematurely post a pic!

kfreytag

by kfreytag

btompkins0112 wrote:do not post a full pic until that steerer is cut.....resist the urge to prematurely post a pic!

Don't worry. I wouldn't *think* of it.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

jsinclair

by jsinclair

BikeTart wrote:I like the Rotor 3D+ how it is - I'd leave it alone. You risk making it looks worse. Re-anodising won't look pretty, and painting it would look awful.

It's a solid, good-looking bit of kit - just run it as it is.

disagree.

this guy did it and it looks quite good. would be interested to see how it has held up to heel rub and the like...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=96674&hilit=leopard

munk93

by munk93

Very exciting build. Especially because I wanted that color on my Trek for so long. Can't wait to see it done. Regarding the "Rotor-problem". Those cranks need to be black. I love the shape of the cranks as much as I hate the messy "spiderweb"-theme. If you are too afraid to do it yourself, then it's worth the money, taking it to a professional painter.

bencolem

by bencolem

Update please - desperate to see this fully built!

saibot

by saibot

how long are you going make us wait? ;-)

kfreytag

by kfreytag

Have to apologize for the complete radio silence on my build. Do trust me that it's been far more painful for me than you. ;-)

Here's what's happened:

I started building up the bike only to find that, no matter what I did, I couldn't get either the saddle height or the drop I'd spec'd. I've spent a bunch of time with my LBS, who has, in turn, spent a bunch of time with the folks at Parlee. It's very clear that what's on the geometry drawing is, in some way, wrong. I think, after about of month of screwing around, I've figured out what's gone awry here, and we're working with Parlee to rectify it.

Unfortunately, "rectify" means build a new bike.

To Parlee's credit, they are sending me a demo Z-Zero to ride while they build me a new bike, and that new build is theoretically going to the front of the line. None of this has yet come to pass, but I *should* get the demo bike tomorrow, and I have a new geometry draft in-hand (still screwed-up, but now I understand why). *If* I'm right about why the frame was originally built incorrectly (and why the latest draft is also incorrect), it'll be both fortunate ('cause I've found the problem) and unfortunate ('cause I shouldn't have to pull out a CAD program to re-design the bike and uncover the screw-up).

Nonetheless, it's fair to say that Parlee (and especially my LBS) are doing what they can to make sure I'm a satisfied customer, and it appears that they may be saddled with some flawed software or flawed software operating procedures. We shall see...

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Sorry to hear of your issues. Whatever the reason and who / what is to blame it is reassuring to see that the renowned Parlee customer service is still there. These days not many companies really care about real customer satisfaction.
No product is totally infallible, so maybe there is a glitch in their software. If so I hope your experience is the catalyst to a better, safer CAD program.

I think it is great that they have sent you a demo bike, and that they are building a complete new bike. Frustrating yes, but at the end of the day you are being looked after by them.
After the Serotta debacle and other negative stories re warranty etc, it makes me happy as a Parlee owner to know they really stand behind their product.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Dang....that sux. Hope you are sticking with the same paintwork as I was REALLY looking forward to this build!

LionelB

by LionelB

Curious to hear what the problem actually was.

PSM

by PSM

LionelB wrote:Curious to hear what the problem actually was.

Me too.

fletch62

by fletch62

Does this mean there is a candy apple red Parlee possibly going cheap somewhere?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kfreytag

by kfreytag

@fletch62 - I suppose that would depend upon your definition of "cheap" and the shape of your body.

Current:
Parlee Z-Zero ISP
Santa Cruz Stigmata CC

Past:
Ridley X-Fire Disc