2013 Weight Weenie Kit (SHOP NOW OPEN! Rolling orders!)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

Ok... Here we go again. :roll:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Danza

by Danza

Design submissoins appear to have been due by today so the design wish lists are a bit late and shouldn't affect this getting done.

FWIW, my interest is very dependent on kit cost and general design attractiveness.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yes, design submissions were due today. DJ contacted me today and said he would have it in by midnight, haven't heard back from Eurperg. There was one other submission from someone new. I'm going to wait just a little to let DJ or Eurperg get in (maybe they thought 0:00hr Monday means the moment between Monday and Tuesday?). Other than that, submissions are closed.

Danza and everyone: the design options will be posted in the first post with equal size and randomized, without a name associated with them. If any of those appeal to you and you intend to purchase, your vote will go a long way into hopefully getting the best design out there. The survey will be set up so I can have some data about what numbers we will have based on which design is chosen.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Danza

by Danza

Appreciate your efforts in getting it done.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Oh, my post was not meant to be a design submission or a diversion to devolve this into a "I want this, no I want this".....just a bit off topic. Sorry!

tranzformer

by tranzformer

I don't have any issue with going the Champion Systems route over JLVelo if the price difference is 10-15% greater. Once you start getting into the 25-30% increase in price, then I'm not sure it is really worth it for me. After all, this is just going to be a fun kit from the forum. Not meant to be a kit I am racing in 10 times a month. Let the team kit stay the team kit. This is the fun kit. I hope we can strike the right balance between quality and price.

53x12

by 53x12

As others have said, while price isn't everything and I value products that are made of a higher quality that might cost slightly more, I'm also one not to just throw money away. Hopefully we can get a rough estimate on how much a kit would cost with our group order for the different options we are considering. I don't want to price the kit so high that many of our members have to drop out because of cost.

I think Prend is on top of things and will present to us the best option(s) available that will make this ordering as easy as it can get for a world wide membership. We won't be able to please everyone, but hopefully we will be able to please many. If pricing is similar between Champion System and JLVelo, I'm not sure it matters to me. However as an American, I do appreciate JLVelo and their green mentality plus keeping the work here in the States. I know others might not appreciate that.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

im in 1000%% think i was around with all the original kits kicked off :)
Tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

carbon2329

by carbon2329

I'm in too. (but want to know the final design before commiting 100%)

In other words, in the previouse thread, I liked and would buy a couple of them, there there was one design I wasn't a fan of. But as long as I like the design I am in, for sure.

I personally would get it from either manufacturer, however I also prefer to spend a bit more to get better product (fit & quaility). I like the pro body fit tops with long enough bibs & a good shammy.

I'll spend $50-$75 more, if it ensures a greater fit and durability.
My .02 cents :D

Thanks for doing all this prend. :thumbup: :beerchug:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Just a quick follow-up on possible vendors:

Champion-Systems took themselves out. I spoke to a rep earlier today, and while he did say that they can ship internationally, they are unable to take international payments. So then I made a few more phone calls to riding buddies on their lunch break and spent a good hour digging into reviews again. That lead me to Primal Wear's custom line, and a phone call to them with a good conversation answered a few questions.

They're just slightly lower in price compared to JLVelo, have an online store set-up, will do a free upgrade of chamois for us (good!), can ship internationally, take international payments, etc:. Oh, and they're made "in the USA" (for those that care about that, I know it's not a big deal for many people)... But their minimums are 15 (15 jerseys, 15 bibs/shorts). On the plus side, despite being in Colorado, they can send me an entire fit-kit so I can take those vital measurements to help everyone find the best size.
Feedback on quality from my interviews and digging seems to be overall good, which gives me some confidence. Shipping from Primal is quoted as "assume $10 shipping to most places, but further away countries may be higher of course". Shipping from JLVelo is unknown.

Assume we order somewhere between 15-25 jerseys, 15-25 bibs:
If we went with Primal, it would be: Race Cut for the jerseys, Prisma Bibs. At the moment, that's $70/jersey, $110/bib (including upgrade to the E6 Carbon Chamois)
If we went with JlVelo: $79/jersey, $109/bib (chamois upgrade extra)

If we go over 25 on the bibs, Primal drops down to $96/bib.

So we're looking at JLVelo vs. PrimalWear. At the moment, assuming we hit the minimum of 15, PrimalWear will get you a free chamois upgrade and high quality for a just slightly lower cost. I know that's a small amount difference, but it might matter to some.

The survey will go up in a few hours and be open for several days. It will help determine what quantity we'll be looking at, which will determine the pricing debate.

KWalker

by KWalker

Vie 13. Ask for John. They will accept international payments and ship internationally. High quality stuff and they're great with custom artwork. Tell him Karsten sent you and that you're doing a kit for a message board and he will take care of you. I think prices are equivalent or lower than what you have up there. They do a lot of kits for Australian and US domestic teams and after wearing team kits by Champ Sys, Castelli, Capo, Primal, Hincapie, and Squadra I think that the chamois, fit, and fabric are probably tied with Castelli as the best (I like the jerseys better than Castellis, but bibs fit me a little long so its a tie).

One year my team got Primal. The kits were delayed REALLY long, then when they came the artwork was botched, the fit sucked, and everyone was pissed. Happened to 2 other teams I know. In fact, not a single team I know of out here uses Primal anymore.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Danza

by Danza

I'm guessing you have the "Pro" jersey/bibs based on price comparison?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Not sure if I should trust a company that writes "Custom" with a K.

But I'll look into them. Thanks.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The first post on the thread has been updated with designs & the survey link.
The survey is now live, we look forward to your input!

KWalker

by KWalker

prendrefeu wrote:Not sure if I should trust a company that writes "Custom" with a K.

But I'll look into them. Thanks.

Seems to work fine for their domestic team and numerous Australian pro teams. They were also involved in speedskating apparel for years.

Take my recommendation or don't, I don't really care, but Primal is the worst possible choice you could make.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com