Felt FC - now with semi-internal Di2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

system787

by system787

Felt FC Size 58

Drivetrain:
SRAM Force Shifters, front and rear derailleurs, cranks (with Exogram non-hiddenbolt rings)
Dura Ace 7850 C50 Tubs and skewers
Vittoria Corsa SC II 700x25
Campagnolo cables

Contact points:
3T Dorico LTD seatpost 27.2
PRO Vibe 7s puzzle stem 110mm -10 deg
Zipp Service Course CSL 44cm o-o
Specialized Romin Expert 143
Speedplay Zero Cromoly

Misc:
PRO Fiberglass bottle cages
Garmin Edge 500 & K-Edge cnc garmin mount

16.04 lbs with rear light. barely breaking under 16 without.

No real plans to reduce weight further for a while. But the planned upgrades are titanium spindles for the speedplays, Specialized Romin Pro, some bolt tuning, Red yaw fd, and a sram red cassette. If I throw on some lightweight skewers, I might go down to the low 15's with the upgrades, but I really like my dura ace skewers, and the other upgrades won't be coming around for a while.
Last edited by system787 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

plpete

by plpete

Very nice build :thumbup: Everything flows on it very well. You just need an ARX-Pro stem with a white stripe and it will be perfect. That or get rid of the red with a bit of rubbing alcohol. I actually really like those frames and almost got one. How is the ride?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

system787

by system787

The ride is very smooth and comfortable, yet it's really stiff and efficient. I'm not used to the extremely twitchy feel of the Felt vs dragsters like the CAAD10 and the Foil, but this thing carves corners like a monster.

I'm thinking of using black tape to partially cover up the red line on the stem. There's a little bit of red here and there on the bike, and a thinner red stripe would probably look good.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Black and white color scheme looks good!
How does it feel compared to the CAAD?

g_doraz

by g_doraz

Love this. Proper hard man's race bike, no bullshit.
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

system787

by system787

Showed up at a local crit today, turns out due to issues in communication, my team didn't register me for the race. Oh well, decided to stick around to watch my teammate's race and headed home for my own ride

Thumbs up to Felt for making a stiff and responsive race machine, while keeping the ride comfortable. Steering is incredibly fast and twitchy, but it remains precise and pretty stable at high speeds. I definitely have to be careful when going 40+ downhill with a crosswind, but so far so good.

johnnyedge

by johnnyedge

system787 wrote:Showed up at a local crit today, turns out due to issues in communication, my team didn't register me for the race. Oh well, decided to stick around to watch my teammate's race and headed home for my own ride

Thumbs up to Felt for making a stiff and responsive race machine, while keeping the ride comfortable. Steering is incredibly fast and twitchy, but it remains precise and pretty stable at high speeds. I definitely have to be careful when going 40+ downhill with a crosswind, but so far so good.

A) the felt looks awesome. just got one myself. is that the stock conical spacer underneath the stem. I'm looking for something lower than the one that comes on the frame.

B) where was this pic taken? looks like fiesta island/mission bay area. I was just out there from Virginia for the Tour of Cali and did the Thursday night training crit there. Super fast ride!

system787

by system787

A) No, I swapped it out for a standard bearing cover, also from FSA. It's about half the stack height of the original one. I tried using the Slamthatstem cover, but this bearing is a little too tall, I may try to experiment and find a 45/45 bearing that's a little thinner, or find a retainer ring that's a little lower. It's not a big deal because it feels good where it is at the moment.

B) Well, it's about 100 miles from Fiesta Island. It's actually the Newport Backbay trail and I can see why it would look similar to one of the sides of fiesta island

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

very nice! i actually am in a similar circumstance to you, i ride a system and i am contemplating what im going to do when its time to retire it. the frames im thinking of going with are a supersix, caad10 or an fc frame. You mentioned it was stiff and responsive, how does it compare with the system?

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

That looks a long top tube.

system787

by system787

@digiadaamore: I had a 58 system six in the past actually. It doesn't feel much less efficient, if any less at all than the system six, but the whole ride is a hell of a lot smoother.

The front end tracks very well, but if you're switching from the systemsix, you'll find that the Felt FC is very twitchy and responsive in comparison to the dale. I actually like the twitchy feel of the ride once I got used to it, it makes for a perfect crit racer or descender.

The head tube is shorter than a 58 dale which is exactly what I wanted. Prior to this I had a caad10. I feel like the FC is a blend of both the CAAD10 and the System/Supersix, while being twitchier and very precise in turns.

system787

by system787

Changes:
rubber - Vittoria Corsa Evo SC II's in 25mm variety.
stem - 110mm PRO Vibe 7s
bars - Zipp SSR 44cm alloy
pedals - Speedplay Zero Chromolys
tape - PRO Digital silicon bartape (probably my new favorite tape)
saddle - Borrowing a 143mm romin expert from a coworker. May end up buying my own.
cages - PRO fiberglass cages - cheap unbranded carbon ones wouldn't keep my bottles in place
brakes - Sram Force just to finish out the group. Tired of the finicky Planet-X brakes, and opted for some more stopping power.

As a little side note, the Shimano RC55C3 blue carbon brake pads are amazing on my dura ace rims. Very loud and squeaky (even with toe in) but I love the aggressive stopping power I get compared to yellow kings.

Removed the decals and waiting for some black Dura Ace C50 decals to come in the mail.
and a rear light because SoCal has had some really cloudy overcast days this entire summer..

Bike is gaining weight unfortunately. 16.04 lbs as pictured.

liketoride

by liketoride

how do you like the saddle? i am thinking that i could go bigger as well. your bike looks nice by the way.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Just love what Felt have done w/ their F line, one of the best no-nonesense bikes out there, your is testament to that! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Looking good. Those gumwalls are too awesome on your bike
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||