Falco Bikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

teufelhunden222

by teufelhunden222

Does anyone have one of these in carbon in the San Diego area? Also how is the power transfer?
[img]<iframe%20height='160'%20width='300'%20frameborder='0'%20allowtransparency='true'%20scrolling='no'%20src='http://app.strava.com/athletes/1677950/activity-summary/ddf436fc1ca509b20d4637cfa80c928da771d2c6'></iframe>[/img]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fitty4

by fitty4

The image do not work! I'm sure this guy can help you with where it's available: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2599 you can also search the forum for falco together with his username

istigatrice

by istigatrice

hmm, they look like very interesting bikes... does anyone on the board have one to report on?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

maggierose
Shop Owner

by maggierose

I have one but I am also selling them:

Peregrine's have been ISP models but are transitioning to a traditional albeit proprietary seat-post model. I raced mine in the Georgia Grand Prix omnium and some local training races.

If you want to know more give me a buzz: Chris at Maggie Rose's Bicycle Shop 904-636-0544.

The bike is very good!

Yashnoon

by Yashnoon

Hey, everyone, I have a Falco Peregrine HM version, I got in Oct. last year. I really love it. It's actually quite comfortable but also stiff enough for me. The frame has many clever design details that you can see only when you are close to the bike. Frame weigh 923 grams, which is not as light as Evo or R5CA, but I don't live in the mountain so it is fine. Built with some homemade G3 wheels, it was 6.7kg with pedals and Garmin 800 computer, and with Madfiber clinchers it's 6.5kg. Funny how the MF decals look purple in the sunlight.

When I built the bike, I tried a mix of Sram and Fulcrum/Campy group, with a Giant stem, which is really strong.

The short coming of the bike is the seatpost is quite difficult to set up. Also ISP is difficult to travel with. Another thing to be careful with is if you turn the fork too much, it will knock into the down tube and get a scratch.

My last bike was a Trek and a NEO. I like it much more than the NEO.

Here is a discussion I started in a Chinese bike discussion board.
http://www.chinabike.net/newbbs/dispbbs ... &id=368587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When built with Madfibers, both frame and wheels have large checked pattern. I know many people dont' like this pattern but I do.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

923g for an ISP frame... that isn't that bad is it? That would that standardize to around ~750g for the frame?

Also, couldn't help but to notice, that's a weird way to route a rd cable, is it supposed to be done like that?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

elviento

by elviento

Let me address that question -- we make these so we may be biased.

The ISP adds around 40 grams so without ISP it's more or less 880-ish.

The rear cable routing is intended that way and it saves roughly 100-120mm of cable and also results in less bend in the cable. The turn at the seat cluster is a less abrupt angle than under the BB for traditional routing, and the turn at the rear dropout is also less than traditional routing as it starts from 1 o'clock instead of 4 o'clock, turning counterclockwise. Works great. We have a couple hundred satisfied customers but I'd like to see more on ww, so pls excuse me for blowing our own horn a bit.

The following are some of our users' rides, in addition to Chris/Yashnoon's. But there are a lot more at http://www.falcobike.com/index.php/falc ... =gallery_c

Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

micky

by micky

@elviento, do you have yourself, or any costumer, assembled a frame with Di2 yet?
Any photo?

fletch62

by fletch62

Is this one of your bikes or another brand with the same name?
http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2013_09_Falco_V_Bike_First_Look

kavitator

by kavitator

This is from FALCO

digiadaamore

by digiadaamore

Hi guys, very interested in your saker frameset! just wondering what made you go with a bsc bottom bracket on this frame? i have hollowgrams on my cannondale and that is a big consideration when purchasing a new frame, i think many of your customers would be coming from bb30 frames.

Phill P

by Phill P

Love the V frame - hope it sell well to pay back the investment!!
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com