"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

elviento

by elviento

They are around the same size, but Quintana's saddle height just a tad taller than Levi's.

That said, both are short but FAST. Size seldom helps (except maybe in track) in cycling.

stella-azzurra wrote:So if Levi is a midget what is Quintana?
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

With Levi Leipheimer being listed anywhere from 5'6" - 5'8" at 135 - 137 lb. and Nairo Quintana being listed from 5'3" - 5" 5" at 126 lb. when comparing the two there is a substantial difference.

Lets get realistic about power to weight ratio here.
Last edited by stella-azzurra on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

No kidding! I am 6' and about 160 and EVERYONE talks about how skinny I am even though I want to lose about 10-15lbs......I would look like a beached whale next to Wiggo, Froome etc.....

EDIT: Stella, I would love to get a chance to meet Quintana just to get and idea of his size.....however, by the measurements he is about as tall as my wife, but a bit heavier (she's ~102lbs)

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I am sure Quintana's lighter at the tour.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

elviento

by elviento

Levi proably has 5-10lbs on Nairo, but both are about the same height. Levi's saddle heigh is 69CM and Nairo's 69.5CM (per cyclingnews).

Riders' listed heights typically aren't very accurate. Cav is listed at 5'9" but he is shorter than me, and I am 5'8".
Last edited by elviento on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

How are you privy to this information? I know listed height and weights are not accurate but they should be in the ball park.

elviento

by elviento

Cyclingnews in their "Pro Bike" section would list the detailed saddle height, bar height, etc. which I find rather interesting and useful.

As for Cav, I stood beside him on a few occasions and he is short.

www.falcobike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Quintana's parents next to 12 year olds? :lol:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

The things that gives away their size is the fact that they both look like they could use their TT lid as a makeshift storm shelter. :)
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

I'm the same size and weight as Quintana (albeit with less muscle mass of course), so he'd probably look like a normal human being to me. :lol:

KWalker

by KWalker

I've stood next to a lot of riders at the Tour as well. The listed height and weight are bullshit. I'm 6 feet 2 on the dot and around 160-165lbs. People claim Hushovd is 180, that's horse shit. His thighs are smaller than mine. Fabian didn't look like 180 either. A lot of riders were shorter than they said. Wiggins looked like a red-haired praying mantis and if you saw him on the street in normal clothes you'd think he was a junkie.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

53x12

by 53x12

"His thighs are smaller than mine."

Classic KWalker. Wouldn't expect any less.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

boysa

by boysa

My wife is quite used to seeing me on the bike, and if I said I was 5'7" I'm pushing it. I'm probably closer to 5'6", therefore I'd say Levi's listed height could be quite an exaggeration.

I always got a kick out of hearing Paul Sherwen state, "Jan Ulrich is a BEAST of a man."
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AGW

by AGW

I suppose "beast" is relative when you juxtapose someone like Huhsovd with Quintana, but the only true beasts are on the track.