Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Y26

by Y26

Hi all,

Read through the pages and it seems most ppl would suggest reputable company like Hongfu/Denfu but the spec seems to be diff for their FM-066SL.

Hongfu T1000 while Dengfu T700 Carbon. Aren't they from Flybike? If so, Flybike is stating T700 and T800 mix.

Which is the best one to get? I am a bit lose here.

And.. is there any difference btw FM-066 and FM-066SL or they are just the same thing?

Thx for helping.

What would be the size for me if I read size 52 in the Cannondale's Caad10? Their site does not list stack and reach.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wrcompositi

by wrcompositi

Sykes wrote:
I thought the 56cm should come in around 840g give or take 20g. Even if I take off the hangers and the covers I'm still around 910g, far over the range. Could I have been sent the standard FM066 and not the SL?

There should be a sticker inside the headtube indicating the model number, here's mine:

My 58cm/BSA frame weighs 940g with all the hangers and covers.

glepore

by glepore

Agree that is what the site says, but its not possible, my 50 weighs 840, and hongfu doesn't advertise them the way dengfu does....
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Sykes

by Sykes

I need to pick everyone's brain again. I am using a Selle Italia SLR which has 9.6mm oval rails. The saddle will not fit in the saddle clamp which came with the bike/seatpost. Do you know of any seat clamp that would work with the original seatpost and my new saddle? Or will I have to purchase a new seatpost and clamp?

ms6073

by ms6073

Sykes wrote:Do you know of any seat clamp that would work with the original seatpost and my new saddle? Or will I have to purchase a new seatpost and clamp?
The Hongfu/Dengfu seatposts usually have seatpost clamp hardware that is identical to what is used on some Bontrager seatposts so you probably need the Bontrager 406923 ears are used for oversize rails 7x9mm which I was able to get in the US online from the Trek Store.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Sykes

by Sykes

ms6073

Thanks for your reply. I wish the seatpost used a one bolt design, then there are several options from Richie and others. But the seat post that came with mine has two bolts that go through the top of the seatpost. Clamps for these seem a bit harder to find as most are now using the one side bolt design.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Sykes, that's a great reason to get a new, lighter seatpost. :twisted:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Wookieopolis

by Wookieopolis

Why won't the oval rails fit that seatpost? My brother in law has the same frame and post with a specialized saddle with oval rails and it works fine. :noidea:

Prend has the ultimate solution.

Enkei

by Enkei

Hey,

I have a FM066SL arriving in a few days. I'm pretty set with all the components except for the headset. I ordered the standard (Neco) from Hongfu along with the frame and although it's cheap and most likely fits the frame good I'de like a more 'WW' headset. So does anyone here have any good suggestions a lightweight headset that fits the frame? I'm still bit confuzzled about the sizing.

Here are two candidates... I think....

Extralite Taperhead 1 - 46g
http://www.extralite.com/Products/taperhead1.htm

Ritchey WCS Carbon UD - 70g
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?product=295 ... 112;lang=2

Any help and or suggestion are welcome!

eric

by eric

Is IS 52/40 the same as Campy 51.9/40 45 degree? I don't think it is but I could be wrong.
The warning about the extralite micro bearing is somewhat concerning.

I have used the Ritchey WCS headsets. They are sealed well and last a long time. I wonder if some of the weight discrepancy is due to an expander or star nut supplied with the Ritchey.

Enkei

by Enkei

I've given up on a new headset since the Size of the Neco 41.8/52 (45 Degrees) Seemse impossible to find from another manufacturer. Ritchey being close at 41.9/52

Instead I'm thinking about changing the expander and headcap for new ones from MCFK. They look sexy and provide some weight savings. The steerer is tapered but that does not affect the compability of the expander right? The top of the steerer is a straight 1 1/8 inch tube even if it bulks out closer to the fork, right? :noidea:

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Make sure the minimum diameter of that new expander fits your steerer tube. My chinese fork takes only Carbon Ti expander (and Neco) which has 21,2mm min diam. It is because the steerer tube has very thick wall.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

goixiz

by goixiz

eric wrote:I used one that I made in 2009 for an R3SL.

But I think pretty much any of the ones that bolt to the derailleur hanger will fit.

There maybe be more weight reduction options here
- Eat More Rice !

goixiz

by goixiz

spytech wrote:
RTW wrote:Replica is also the word that email spammers use when selling counterfeit watches. :lol:

You are actually hurting the owners of the trademarks. If you are riding that bike, and it fails (no reason to think it might) then people who see that failure may avoid Specialized based on that.

Cant see myself buying a replica watch... some watches can be considered an investment, its a bit different than bikes - they are also status symbols among some. so the people who buy 60k patek philippe or a tourbillon of another house, would never consider a replica.

but i dont mind the guy with the s-works name on the FM098. to each his/her own.

My Bell&Ross replica has not missed a tick since i got it 2 years ago and looks identical to the $55oo version :)
- Eat More Rice !

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

With replica watches and replica high end bike frames it is not what is on the outside, since they look almost the same. It is what is on the inside that could matter???
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com